Beer & Coca-Cola???

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

Back in mid 80’s, when I was based in Germany, I was in Hamburg and got introduced to a drink called “Alster Wasser” (the Alster, a tributary of the Elbe I think, is one of the main rivers flowing thru the city). It was about one third “lemonade” soda (7up) and two thirds beer. It was quite good. Here in the Phil’s I’ve mixed 7up (or Sprite, but I prefer 7up) and Red Horse. Also quite good - cuts the bitterness of the RH.

That is what we would call a shandy in the UK.It is very refreshing and it tastes good I`m not sure if I would like coke with beer though.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I`m not sure if I would like coke with beer though.

Its quite good actually, lots of my friends back home used to do it, in the bad old days

coke and beer.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its quite good actually, lots of my friends back home used to do it, in the bad old days

coke and beer.jpg

No wonder they don't visit now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jeff R Us
Posted
Posted

Perhaps beer & Coca-Cola can become the official drink of the Dumaguete monthly meet-ups. Dave, you go first. lol

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

coke is for Rum not beer.Heathens all of you.

Or maybe cheap whiskey (whiskey too rough to be drunk straight or on ice)...

I'm with you on this one... beer and coke?  nope.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

That is what we would call a shandy in the UK.It is very refreshing and it tastes good I`m not sure if I would like coke with beer though.

Yes same in Aus. I do recall after a big night of some birthday or something then having to host a family BBQ the next day that the shandy was a life saver for me. Could be the sugar I guess.  :th_thbarbaque: :7500:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

You gotta be kidding Jeff,you can count me out coke is for Rum not beer.Heathens all of you.

Cuba Libra!

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

When I was reviewing local beers for my blog, I bought bottles of both apple and the lemon San Migs. I couldn't finish either. I can't even put ice cubes in my beer. I don't think I could do the Coke and beer thing. But, if it boats your float...

I do recall my cousin and I mixing orange juice and Coke when we were kids, trying to mimic the adults at the cookout and their cocktails. That was pretty good if disgusting-looking.

PaulB
Posted
Posted

When I was a youngster i thought I would be trendy when ordering a drink underage so ordered a Baileys Shandy! the barman looked at me funny because of course Baileys is cream and when you add lemonade it curdles! i had to drink it and went back to larger!

Paul

• Haha 2