Time and the Filipino.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Now I am not talking about the actual time ie; 1,2,3 o'clock i mean time to do things

You see i have over the years come to believe. ( I would like to say Understand BUT:571c66d400c8c_1(103):) Time really is not important to pour beloveds.

IT is the most valuable and costly thing we have, TIME  BUT :571c66d400c8c_1(103):When Oh when, will they ever learn that their total misconception of it, costs us Money & they will be the First to moan about it. Budgets. 

I will say no more as I know this will draw some pretty good answers. :wink:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It is a concept that many filipinas find difficult to grasp:  Why is time = money.

I try to explain:  If you own a store and sell 10,000 pesos in merchandise in a month, and your rent and electric etc total 10,000 pesos then you have lost money.  BUT if you sell that same amount, 10,000 pesos in a week, then you may actually be about to pay those bills, replace the stock , and have a small profit. AND if you can sell that same amount, 10,000 pesos every day, you may actually get rich.

But its water off a duck's back as "the family" will tell her "the filipino way".  That is how it works here in Philippines and that overrides any common sense.

C'est la vie dans Philippines.

• Like 5

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Being retired time is something i need not worry about.

But then again being married to a Filipino time is very important

As i need time to listen to the wife and her sister chattering away every evening and weekend

While im drinking my san mig lights.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

tick tock tick tock , COME ON EMSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

From my experience, it's more a lack of desire/ability to plan and be organised that's at the root of the problem. They tend to know the goal but don't plan how to achieve it. In terms of time, an example would be leaving home at 3pm for a 3pm appointment without any allowance for the time to get to the appointment from home.

I've always been very time conscious so it's a challenge. On the plus side, it's getting better - I'm slowly adapting rather than them getting better!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, hk blues said:

I'm slowly adapting rather than them getting better!

:thumbsup: That is a good strategy but we know how disastrous it can be in the long run :wink:

Mick
Posted
Posted

Have to agree, one thing that riles me is I order an Uber when she says she is ready, never before  Uber takes 30 mins to arrive I shout her,  then I'm sat in the cab 10 minutes waiting, while she chats away with no regard for the poor taxi driver wanting to make a living, and im then told to chill, the cab driver does not mind.... 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Mick said:

the cab driver does not mind.... 

Of course not, the meter is running