Air filter or air purification unit?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Is there an effective in home air purifier anyone has used that you like and recommend? Something for dust and pollen.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I've not got any experience with domestic units ,my knowledge is commercial , with commercial you have air handling units ,these have dust and pollen filters , the important bit being a regular change of the filters 

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Bring a rainbow sweeper and run at night.  the bubbles will filter and you can drop citrus rinds in for a pleasant order 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In addition, consider other ways to reduce dust and pollution.

Green plants around the perimeter of your property. Double the thickness if facing a road.  Bamboo is good and fast growing.  Light and thick curtains on all windows. There are gaps around doors which you might seal with rubber gaskets.  Lots of indoor plants.  Dust all surfaces inside the house at least once a week.  Wet mop the floors or use a vacuum if carpeted.  Get rid of extra clothes or store them in plastic containers.  Clothes are like magnets for dust. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

In addition, consider other ways to reduce dust and pollution.

Green plants around the perimeter of your property. Double the thickness if facing a road.  Bamboo is good and fast growing.  Light and thick curtains on all windows. There are gaps around doors which you might seal with rubber gaskets.  Lots of indoor plants.  Dust all surfaces inside the house at least once a week.  Wet mop the floors or use a vacuum if carpeted.  Get rid of extra clothes or store them in plastic containers.  Clothes are like magnets for dust. 

Remember dusting and sweeping will increase the dust in the air so as JJ says wet mop.  We use morengine *kamongay" and papaya as border plants only have one bamboo, for good fortune. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The Philippines is a very dusty country, you will be fighting a losing battle.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your inputs. 

Has anyone a good experience with an indoor air cleaner/air filtration unit?

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

Thanks for your inputs. 

Never seem one, didn't know such a thing existed outside industrial use.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

Yes, and no.  My air conditioner cleans and filters the air and its on almost all the time so does that count.  I have no dust buildup inside my house due to this.

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

There is a small one advertised on FB by tv shop philippines maybe you could check that out.