TV Shop Philippines

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

TV Shop Philippines does not have prices on their website, and clicking on "order now" pops up a chat window.  Here is my chat with them.  Some of the chat boxes have overlaps in my screenshots.  I don't think I am going to "avail my slot" for this product.  Typical high pressure sales tactics converted to chat mode.  For some questions, like my first one, they are surely picking from list of answers.  Or maybe she is the fastest and most accurate typist in the world, because it took her about 2 seconds to type it.

Screenshot (166)2.png  Screenshot (167)2.png

Screenshot (168)2.png  Screenshot (169)2.png

Screenshot (170)2.png  Screenshot (171)2.png

Screenshot (172)2.png  Screenshot (173)2.png

Screenshot (174)2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • I'm Confused 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I see you availed of the pop up menu this time. :hystery:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

TV Shop Philippines does not have prices on their website, and clicking on "order now" pops up a chat window.  Here is my chat with them.  Some of the chat boxes have overlaps in my screenshots.  I don't think I am going to "avail my slot" for this product.  Typical high pressure sales tactics converted to chat mode.  For some questions, like my first one, they are surely picking from list of answers.  Or maybe she is the fastest and most accurate typist in the world, because it took her about 2 seconds to type it.

I will not be using them I don`t like BS from salespeople.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I will not be using them I don`t like BS from salespeople.

Nor do I, thus my post.  They are a scam, similar to some booths at malls and even in SM.  They also say original price 8000, today only 3999, for a similar blender.  As you mentioned, Lazada is a much better option, only 1395 or less for other brands.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/high-quality-600-watt-blender-and-fruit-mixer-extractor-i160711892-s196244788.html?search=1

• Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Nor do I, thus my post.  They are a scam, similar to some booths at malls and even in SM.  They also say original price 8000, today only 3999, for a similar blender.  As you mentioned, Lazada is a much better option, only 1395 or less for other brands.

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/high-quality-600-watt-blender-and-fruit-mixer-extractor-i160711892-s196244788.html?search=1

Hopefully that is why we all post on here so as other people don`t get caught.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Lazada plays games as well. The CKK Inspire 3 cellphone is listed at 979P, marked down 80% from 4,999p. When you review the phone on google it has poor reviews and is listed as a 1,000p cellphone and no one else has it listed at anywhere near 5,000p. 

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

Lazada plays games as well. The CKK Inspire 3 cellphone is listed at 979P, marked down 80% from 4,999p. When you review the phone on google it has poor reviews and is listed as a 1,000p cellphone and no one else has it listed at anywhere near 5,000p. 

Yes, Lazada has a lot of junk and you have to do due diligence, but at least you don't have to call in and talk to a high pressure sales person to get the price.  It might be true that p5000 was the original suggested retail price.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

It might be true that p5000 was the original suggested retail price.

Quite true, it’s kinda like the price of a new car. There’s the MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) and then there’s the usually lower price you actually pay. I say usually lower because sometimes just the opposite occurs when there’s high demand and limited supply. 

The infomercials and those booths you see at the malls / stores almost always quote the MSRP and work backwards from there. They always create a sense of urgency and prey on the ignorant. A patient and educated consumer is their worst enemy. I’ve had some fun with a few of them by googling their product and then either showing them lousy reviews or a much cheaper online price (or sometimes both, lol). 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

There’s the MSRP (Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price) and then there’s the usually lower price you actually pay.

I need to find your car dealer.  Usually the MSRP of any new car I have bought is just the starting point.  Then they add on a whole load of "required" crap to get to a much higher price.  But I haven't bought a new car in Philippines so maybe it is different here.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Then they add on a whole load of "required" crap to get to a much higher price. 

Of course everyone's MWV but to get the best deal is a definite Feet on the ground jobby When I bought My Suzuki just over one year ago I Asked OK matey give me the best price all in. Believe me it was worth the effort to tell the Guy Look, this what I want and this what I will pay surprise surprise when they knew I would Pay Cash as in cash, I got 50.000peso discount and a car that had everything. OH I know that not everyone can pay cash But........... Don't ask don't get :smile: and many are not asking the Right questions when buying

25 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

But I haven't bought a new car in Philippines so maybe it is different here.

Dave My friend, Things are changing for the better her in the PI and if you've got it, Cash is still king and can buy you more, It is because things are better now for many reasons that we are getting More and more new or newer cars on the road. There really does seem to be a price war going on within the Motor trade and thus Things are cheaper at the end of the day. But to make you right yes, when I see people in Showrooms they do indeed get stiffed on things but as long as the finished price is within their repayment Budget Things are ago :whistling:

• Thanks 1