Uber and Grab combine

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

I used Grab daily for the month or so I spent in Cebu City, and found it to be an excellent service. We used it to go to Ayala mall a lot, and the newer mall (big one but I forget what it's called) that is by the shore there. 

Edited by Reboot

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reboot said:

and the newer mall (big one but I forget what it's called) that is by the shore there. 

SM Seaside

3 hours ago, Reboot said:

I used Grab daily for the month or so I spent in Cebu City, and found it to be an excellent service.

Did you have a problem hailing a cab? 

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

SM Seaside

Did you have a problem hailing a cab? 

Where I was staying, it was gated. No cabs inside. But send for a Grab from your phone while you are in WiFi zone in your unit, and then make sure you are downstairs about 5 minutes later. Worked for me. I stayed at One Oasis Mabolo at that time. It was much more convenient than walking down to the gate and waiting for a ride.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3

jrlee183
Posted
Posted

We have always used Grab so no real change for us.  The problem with uber in some SEA countries (possibly the philippines too) is that the driver doesnt know where he is going to take you until he picks you up.  Whilst that was designed to stop drivers being selective with their passengers, all that happened was they give the passenger a call, ask where they are going and if they dont like it they just cancel.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, jrlee183 said:

is that the driver doesnt know where he is going to take you until he picks you up. 

hmmmm, that wasn't the case when we used Uber. We put in the pick up point and drop off point, the app then gave us the fare and estimated time of arrival of the car.  That was here in Metro M. but as always thing vary so widely here lololol :89:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

hmmmm, that wasn't the case when we used Uber. We put in the pick up point and drop off point, the app then gave us the fare and estimated time of arrival of the car.  That was here in Metro M. but as always thing vary so widely here lololol :89:

Same in Cebu but I never booked just seeing how it worked and how many cars were close by at the time. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Are you able to rate the car and driver? I can’t see how it could possibly be worse than the average cab. In Cebu 90% of the drivers are great but 90% of the cabs have little or no air conditioning and are unsafe.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Are you able to rate the car and driver? I can’t see how it could possibly be worse than the average cab. In Cebu 90% of the drivers are great but 90% of the cabs have little or no air conditioning and are unsafe.

All Cebu Grabs I rode in were air conditioned, and safer newer cars. To be honest however, the same was true of the regular taxis I used while in the city.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

In Cebu 90% of the drivers are great but 90% of the cabs have little or no air conditioning and are unsafe.

I dont find that these days. A few but not that many from my experience but always the odd one that warms your day. 

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Old 55, Maybe I am fortunate I never took a cab in Cebu that the air did not woek 

• Like 1