Uber and Grab combine

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Old 55, Maybe I am fortunate I never took a cab in Cebu that the air did not woek 

Neither did I, but my Filipina filters the crappy ones.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 4/8/2018 at 10:00 PM, scott h said:

hmmmm, that wasn't the case when we used Uber. We put in the pick up point and drop off point, the app then gave us the fare and estimated time of arrival of the car.  That was here in Metro M. but as always thing vary so widely here lololol :89:

You know your destination but the driver only knows the pickup point. Once the driver has picked you up the Uber driver app shows the destination. So the driver does not know the destination until after the pickup.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

So the driver does not know the destination until after the pickup.

ahh    learn something new every day :thumbsup:

earthdome
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:
7 hours ago, earthdome said:

So the driver does not know the destination until after the pickup.

ahh    learn something new every day :thumbsup:

I drove uber  a bit last year and had a pickup where the destination was 110 miles one way. Over 3 hours drive round trip. It would be nice to know as a driver before the pickup that it was for a drive that long and far away.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Question for anyone with the Uber or Grab app:

Have you tried it in any of the province areas?  I'm wondering if it only works in Cebu and Manila?  What about cities like Dumaguete?  I have never used these apps as I have had no trouble finding regular taxis in Cebu.

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I've only used it in Cebu. In my wife's province you grab something different.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine in Manila uses grab quite often and has said that his usual 300 peso ride now costs him 500.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We used grab in Manila several times over the last 3 weeks. From NAIA 3 to makati was about 180 peso, probably 1/3 of the airport taxis.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have had several bad experiences with taxi's in Manila. One which had me worried was when a driver did not take us where we wanted to go because he insisted he knew a better hotel for us down a small side street at night. I would use Grab/Uber where available even if it costs a bit more because you likely will have better drivers than some random taxi from the street.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

I have had several bad experiences with taxi's in Manila. One which had me worried was when a driver did not take us where we wanted to go because he insisted he knew a better hotel for us down a small side street at night. I would use Grab/Uber where available even if it costs a bit more because you likely will have better drivers than some random taxi from the street.

Maybe but if you take down the taxi number and even take a picture of it and send to someone before entering you will probably be OK if the driver knows what you did.