Magic Jack issues

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Is anyone else having issues with Magic Jack?  Recently, the past week or so, our MJ has not been working.  We have both the devise and the app on both our cell phones.  The app on the cell phones is the one we are having trouble with.  Always comes up with an error code and their web site has no advise for the app with issues.  It does say contact them.  However, on the newer website I cannot locate the icon to contact them.  I have tried to delete the app and reload it.  Still have the same issue.  It will not connect and says "offline".:89:

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What is the error code ? 

intrepid
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What is the error code ? 

It only says error code.  No number or letter following.  In the bottom right it says offline.  On the main page of the app it says connecting.  I just read some more on their page about error codes and they say for the plug in devise to reset the router.  I'll give that a try but don't think it will do any good because I still get this code when away from home or using data.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Well resting the router did not work

:89:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

I would google it with search of anything like, "magicjack app not connecting" or search youtube.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

Any help at all?

https://www.usremotesupport.com/how-to-fix-error-1-3-and-4-on-magicjack/ :wink:

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I would google it with search of anything like, "magicjack app not connecting" or search youtube.

That's what I have been doing but no joy yet.  I'll just keep at it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, intrepid said:

That's what I have been doing but no joy yet.  I'll just keep at it.

You have other apps or websites working on the phone like you do have an internet connection on the phone ?

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Thanks Jack, That was one I hadn't seen.  This page pertains to to Desk unit with the usb plug or modem or router unit.  My issue is with the cell phone app.  But I will dig out my unit and plug it in and maybe I may find something that may cause it to go back into action.  It has been years since I used it.  The phone app has worked good up until now.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You have other apps or websites working on the phone like you do have an internet connection on the phone ?

Yes Several.  Viber, google voice, messenger, and some others.  All work fine.  The Magic Jack number is like my US landline and many of my contacts back only use that number to contact me.  Since we will be leaving for the states on the 10th I'd really like to get it working.   On and by the way, I am current with payment on it until the end of 2020.  So that should not be the problem.