Magic Jack issues

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Send them a message via Facebook. I see they tell others with issues to message them.  https://www.facebook.com/magicjackApp/

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Mine has been working fine lately.  I have been texting my sister, in the US, all day.  I get some bad days - I generally assume it is a Globe issue.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Mine has been working fine lately.  I have been texting my sister, in the US, all day.  I get some bad days - I generally assume it is a Globe issue.

Although I am using PLTD  I am wondering if it may have something to do with the provider.  We are about to leave for the evening but I think I will try Facebook to contact them as JGF suggested.  As an old friend said when everything is in line with the all the TECH gods, life is good and we are happy.  But one issue like this can make and we are stressed and even angry.  :angry_80_anim_gif:     Note to self,....It's just a small thing.  I will be worked out!  Thanks all for your help.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Okay,  I am no computer expert by any means.  Just use it and slowly learn by doing one thing and repeating over and over until it works and still understand little.  We just got back from an outing to the mall and visiting some friends just up the road.  While at the mall I connected my phone to their globe wifi and my magic jack worked without making any changes just fine.  My friend has slow Globe service wifi at his house and it worked fine there also.   I get home a little while ago and it will not connect.  I have PLDT fiber optic.  I have tried several times and continue getting "connecting"  but never connects, along with red letters in the bottom left "offline".  I just don't understand and cannot believe that PLDT would be blocking Magic Jack would they?:89:  The good news is at least when I get back to the states I believe it may work fine.  At least that is my hope from what I experienced this evening.

• Like 1

Lee1154
Posted
Posted

They may be blocking it.  Mine is constantly dropping calls and has for a year.  It does that using PLDT and Globe.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This might help, 

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks all who had ideas and links.  I tried them all except the last one JGF posted.  The reason I did not try that last one is because I seemed to got mine working.  I will share what I did but still cannot figure out why it now works, but it does.  We will see how long now.

So here is what I did.  I located my Magic Jack plus devise and plugged it into my my laptop, (which connects via WIFI) and let it load, and it worked to place calls from my laptop.  SO, now I am thinking:89:.  The router must not be the issue.  It has to be something with my phone.  I do have a small data plan on my phone and that data has been consumed and will not renew until may 12th.  Now even though my phone connects and has been connected to my router here at the house, I decided to turn off my "cellular data" in "settings" on my phone.  Then tried Magic Jack and BINGO!  worked.  Placed several calls.   Turned it off, waited placed another call, Cycled through many other apps and come back to MJ and it continued to work.  Now turn my cellular data back on and no connection on MJ again.  OFFED the cellular data and again the MJ works!  The whole time I am connected to the router in the house.  I just don't understand why?:89:  But it works!:thumbsup:

Edited by intrepid
changed wording

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, intrepid said:

I just don't understand why?:89:  But it works!:thumbsup:

I would think your data or internet is not good enough where your home modem internet is fine. And I guess if you leave data on its using data rather than connect to your home modem while at home. 

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I would think your data or internet is not good enough where your home modem internet is fine. And I guess if you leave data on its using data rather than connect to your home modem while at home. 

Yes JGF I agree.  I know my data service here is weak and as I said it has been consumed for the month.  But the phone is connected to my internet modem during this whole time.  I would have thought with a connection through my modem it should not matter if the cellular data was on because none was available for me to connect.  Maybe it's my thick skull with lesser understanding.  I don't know and not really that smart with electronic stuff.  But it works and that is what counts in my book at this moment.  Thanks again for everybody's efforts. 

• Like 4

marine6357
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

And I guess if you leave data on its using data rather than connect to your home modem while at home. 

I think JGF is correct seems that the cellphone app is defaulting to network data even when you are connected to wifi. Looked around online and the website does not say this but that is my observation from here. But there website does say to always use wifi when available because of high usage of data. Here is the post:
http://wp.magicjack.com/accessories/can-i-use-my-magicapp-when-im-traveling-internationally/

• Like 2