Healthy and Happy??

bows00
Posted
Posted

After spending 2 months in the Philippines, despite all the air pollution and drinking, I've never felt any better.  Even my blood pressure has returned back to normal.  I can't put my finger on it, but I am sure it is has to do with my overall level of happiness.  I just love it out here.  

I'll keep it short... so have any of you expats experienced the same overall improvement in health since moving out here?

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, bows00 said:

so have any of you expats experienced the same overall improvement in health since moving out here?

Yes, its like I said in another thread "Expats here tend to burn out faster than old farts in first world countries, but oh what a ride!"

When I moved here 10 years ago I met a dozen or so great guys and we became great friends and it was just as you say for each of us.  But for some reason, the last of those great guys (except for a couple who moved back to the first world where we lost touch) died yesterday.

I still feel the same overall improvement in health you are talking about, but I'm the last of the bunch.  Still, I got lots of new friends since being in the Philippines.

:clapping_80_anim_gif:  Its only fair to warn the Dumaguete group that I may be jinxed and the best way to dispel a jinx is to buy him a drink :whistling:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

the best way to dispel a jinx is to buy him a drink 

Me, Me, I am a Jinx Honest drunk in the park.jpg :hystery:

• Haha 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Nice one Jack

Strangely enough was only saying similar to my daughter  this morning.

I am a firm believer that health and happiness are dependent  on each other, which are created by a  positive atitude towards life.

Love plays a great part in all of that, when you feel genuinely loved the world seems a better place! :wub:

Have Blessed Easter weekend one and all.........JB

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

the last of those great guys  died yesterday.

Sorry to read about your friend Dave.

• Like 5

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I agree never felt better been here 5 yrs and apart from the odd runny nose healthwise im great

Im careful what i eat, tend to stick to what ive had before, drink a lot of water , ( filtered )

Take vitamin c tablets and i drink rum .

Overall im not stressed, take things easy no more 8 hour days .

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

David, Fil or home the clock seems to run faster.   Took Fe to my 50th reunion 3 years ago, so many of my friends are OLD. Now many a of those are gone.  Even Fe who only met them once or twice gets a bit sad.  On the upside those of us left do our best to keep them immortal by telling tales of the good times and having a toast to them.  Darn Craig died and it was his turn to buy.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Darn Craig died and it was his turn to buy.

Typical of some people................................(Dan Craig RIP)

• Like 1