Our(well her) new house

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, earthdome said:

In the picture for the window bars it looks like they are bolted onto the outside wall. How difficult would it be for criminals to just unbolt those bars and remove them? Only 10 bolts and that first window.

You are going to find it difficult to stop a really determined robber,the bars are to make them think twice.What you cannot see is the resin in the drill holes which will make it much more difficult.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

They started on my little shackreceived_836772276446690.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Mick
Posted
Posted

Don't take too much negativity from some comments. yes the bars are a deterant only, opertunist thieves will walk on, no matter what you do, if it's a determined one, they will find a way, I had bars on windows in Spain, they hooked it to a car and just about pulled the wall down, but I think these are far and few, I'm on a sub division in Manila 8 years, cctv, bars on windows, not had a problem, although I did have an iraqi mountain dog, dead now god bless her, but that helped but been without now for 2 years. Hope I have not tempted fate writing this.... Lol

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mick said:

Don't take too much negativity from some comments.

I dont think comments were negative only asking about the security of bolts on the outside. But I will give some constructive negativity when it comes to fire escaping. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont think comments were negative only asking about the security of bolts on the outside. But I will give some constructive negativity when it comes to fire escaping. 

Yes, fire escape is a concern.

Our house is strange.  It has bars on all the windows, except....  The front door has decorative beveled glass in the top part, and on both sides of the door are panels, about 1 X 7 feet, of the same heavy beveled glass.  Then there is another window near the door of the beveled glass, and then in the back of the house we have a wall of the beveled glass that includes two sliding doors.  A thief could punch out one pane of beveled glass and get into the house.

When and if we remodel, I'm thinking about removing the bars and adding other modern security.  Most of the newly remodeled houses in our area do not have bars.

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

BTW, for those interested in Kevin's contractor, he's gonna spend the next year building a home for me and the wife. Work has already begun - the fence is 1st. Kevin was very happy and so far I am too. He's a together young man with all the contacts needed from attorneys to designers, etc.

BTW, I have already begun recording videos and intend to document the entire process - if I live through it!

Edited by davewe

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I appreciate all the comments on the fire escape and I understand your concern,There are 3/4 ways at the moment to get out of this place if there was a fire.These escape  routes are not easy to get in from the outside but two turns of a handle and you`re out.You have to balance security with safety in the event of danger.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, davewe said:

BTW, for those interested in Kevin's contractor, he's gonna spend the next year building a home for me and the wife. Work has already begun - the fence is 1st. Kevin was very happy and so far I am too. He's a together young man with all the contacts needed from attorneys to designers, etc.

BTW, I have already begun recording videos and intend to document the entire process - if I live through it!

I also will speak very highly of his workteam.I have found that nothing seems too much trouble for them.If I have concerns they listen and act accordingly which has been stated many times as being the fault here.(people not listening)I have and will continue to show them the way we do things in the west and so far I have not been told stupid foreigner they look take it in and sometimes adopt the method.I can see this team going far if they keep up the work they are doing here.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I also will speak very highly of his workteam.I have found that nothing seems too much trouble for them.If I have concerns they listen and act accordingly which has been stated many times as being the fault here.(people not listening)I have and will continue to show them the way we do things in the west and so far I have not been told stupid foreigner they look take it in and sometimes adopt the method.I can see this team going far if they keep up the work they are doing here.

Well I am a stupid foreigner (at least when it comes to construction methods), Kev, so will have my wife tell them how to do it lol.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, davewe said:

Well I am a stupid foreigner (at least when it comes to construction methods), Kev, so will have my wife tell them how to do it lol.

Dave i would never tell you or your wife that.