Our(well her) new house

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2018 at 7:04 AM, Snowy79 said:

If the burglars are anything like most of the tradesmen I've met here they will probably ask to borrow a spanner. :whistling:

If the tradesman are like most of the tradesman I've met here, the burglars wouldn't need a spanner! :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I appreciate all the comments on the fire escape and I understand your concern,There are 3/4 ways at the moment to get out of this place if there was a fire.These escape  routes are not easy to get in from the outside but two turns of a handle and you`re out.You have to balance security with safety in the event of danger.

Absolutely - I'd be very worried if the only means of exit was the main door and all windows were barred, but having a rear exit in addition will add to the safety element for sure

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

Absolutely - I'd be very worried if the only means of exit was the main door and all windows were barred, but having a rear exit in addition will add to the safety element for sure

We have 3 doors to the outside and the patio doors which will be barred soon.We have 3 escape routes.

Mick
Posted
Posted

My bedroom window bars are made with an opening, locked on the inside so you can still exit through a window. But cannot get to the hinge or lock from the outside, same with my Patio doors,.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

We have 3 escape routes.

From what you showed me I think I like this one the best   tunnel.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 9/30/2018 at 5:11 PM, sonjack2847 said:

They are getting on with the rentals and have now poured the floor.they did work very hard ( Friday and Saturday) so we bought them a couple of cooked chickens to go with their rice. Davewe was a bit worried as nobody was working on his place but we needed them here as it was very labour intensive.Any way he had some coco lumber from here haha.

It's a share share situation. I think we had the whole crew the other day. Looked like the entire barangay was out there pouring concrete and laying blocks. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/30/2018 at 5:11 PM, sonjack2847 said:

they did work very hard ( Friday and Saturday)

Are the workers carrying concrete up to the top level in buckets and is this how they laid the whole floor?

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I've not seen the bars bolted, usually they chip away the concrete and weld them directly to any exposed rebar then make good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The rentals are coming on.The stairs will be in soon be done and the roof trusses are being cut in, when the roof is dry we wont have to worry so much about rain

SAM_3499.JPGSAM_3498.JPGSAM_3502.JPG

• Like 1