Our(well her) new house

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Reboot said:

No tie beam/header over the doorway? :89:

There is you cant see it from the angle of the photo.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Kev great progress, if they stick to budget previously mentioned your on a winner. Congrats.....

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think I just got lucky.

Does your wife know? :hystery: Get lucky.jpg

Seriously though, it all sounds good.  The one thing I would do different (on my house, if I had to do it again) is to push the contractor to put a ground in to all the electrical outlets.  Its not required by code so they don't do it unless you push them.  Its not all that expensive to do it while building but its an expensive add-on if you want to do it later.  Just my opinion.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Does your wife know? :hystery: Get lucky.jpg

Seriously though, it all sounds good.  The one thing I would do different (on my house, if I had to do it again) is to push the contractor to put a ground in to all the electrical outlets.  Its not required by code so they don't do it unless you push them.  Its not all that expensive to do it while building but its an expensive add-on if you want to do it later.  Just my opinion.

Just to be safe I  checked and he says yes he will be fitting a ground rod

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

The wonders of electricity are more exciting without ground rods. It's more fun in the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Now they are starting the roof,next week they will start the rentals also.They are moving the bunkhouse out of the way.DSC07634 (1).JPGDSC07636.JPG

• Like 4

lobojohn
Posted
Posted

tie beam/header/lintel... i noticed it too , but im not a trouble maker like you hahahaha joke honestly its standard here , though so are crumbly blocks (so called cinder blocks) properly lain and joints all scored,  2x2 framing, plumbing buried in concrete, and on and on.. an old nail banger like me has had to adjust beyond whats reasonable at times just to keep the peace. its d fils

lobojohn
Posted
Posted

it looks like its going to be a lovely roomy home and i congratulate you sir on what can be a very daunting task. looks like youve got a winner.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

tie beam/header/lintel... i noticed it too , but im not a trouble maker like you hahahaha joke honestly its standard here , though so are crumbly blocks

There are lintels I checked that as it was progressing.They had some crumbly blocks delivered and without me saying a word they didn`t use them.As I wrote before I am happy with the progress and have been checking all of their work and have seen nothing questionable regarding standards.I actually do think sometimes that they go over the top but I am not used to building techniques in the Philippines.

• Like 1