Our(well her) new house

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Very nice..will the rentals be efficiencies, rooms or suites? 

Just unfurnished self contained apartments.

RBM
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

3KM from Valencia 100m from the main highway which is the road from Robonsons to Valencia.It`s in Talay by the TB dots center and evacuation meeting place.

Great spot Kev, I hike there often when visiting, nice clean air and a great place to stay. All the best with the project.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It also gives the workers a place to pee. :hystery:

What! No Porto-Potty at a construction site? The trade unions would have a fit.

• Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

What! No Porto-Potty at a construction site? The trade unions would have a fit.

Union in the Phills mmmm, anyway there is a loo with scented soap ,soft paper and an attendant. Ok I stretched it a bit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

How much do you expect from the rentals?.What percentage of occupancy? by unfinished does this mean no air or hot water?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2018 at 1:43 AM, Gerald Glatt said:

How much do you expect from the rentals?.What percentage of occupancy? by unfinished does this mean no air or hot water?

Unfinished where did you get that from?.75% occupancy and the rent will be the rate which the local area goes by.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Unfinished where did you get that from?.75% occupancy and the rent will be the rate which the local area goes by.

I think he meant unfurnished as that is what you said

On 4/2/2018 at 9:38 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Just unfurnished self contained apartments.

Just trying to help here :wink:

Jack :smile:

Morning All :photo-109:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 4/3/2018 at 1:43 AM, Gerald Glatt said:

does this mean no air or hot water?

Unfurnished houses or apartments in Philippines are almost always rented without aircon and hot water heater.  Those are supplied by the tenant.  In rare cases where I or a friend have left them behind to benefit the next tenant, the landlord usually removes them for sale or personal use or to give to a poor relative.  Most unfurnished houses do not even include the lightbulbs and I got in the habit of taking my lightbulbs with me when I moved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Julia
Posted
Posted (edited)

"Rentals" should  have been  always a good business in the country.  My elder sister  and her Brit hubby had one house built solely for rentals ( for bedspacers only) . Ten bedrooms with two beds. The rent is actually affordable for P300.00 per heard per month. However, the location  of the place was a little remote. Now they only have a 5 beds occupied. It could have been a good business had they considered the strategic location first and  did a llittle feasibility study way back then. Now they are considering  of selling the whole place.  
I guess the location matters alot.

Just a thought.

Edited by Julia
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Julia said:

I guess the location matters alot.

Yes, and the wife's opinion matters too.  My friend (expat) assisted his wife to build a bedspacer in a remote area.  It may be a waste of money but he thinks its better to leave her with what she wants, when he has passed on, than to give her something that will make a profit for her.  Up to her, as he says.

• Hmm thinking 1