Layover hotel in Korea question

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My wife read that free daytime city tours are offered at the Incheon Airport for passengers with a four or more hours layover.  Anyone know if this is true? This is a good way to promote Seoul as a gateway for travelers to Asia.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

My wife read that free daytime city tours are offered at the Incheon Airport for passengers with a four or more hours layover.  Anyone know if this is true? This is a good way to promote Seoul as a gateway for travelers to Asia.

In the past Asiana, Korean Air and Cathay offered a free hotel room or tour to passengers who had the 11 or 12 hour lay over. Last year I had to pay $40 for the hotel room was told both the room or tour are still available but you must book them through your travel agency or airline when you buy tickets.

I love being able to sleep during the layover makes the return trip much more bearable 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Old55 said:

In the past Asiana, Korean Air and Cathay offered a free hotel room or tour to passengers who had the 11 or 12 hour lay over. Last year I had to pay $40 for the hotel room was told both the room or tour are still available but you must book them through your travel agency or airline when you buy tickets.

I love being able to sleep during the layover makes the return trip much more bearable 

Asiana was not free last May.  They offered me a room but were completely inflexible when it came to my family.  Insisted I needed two rooms for 2 adults, 13 yo, 3 yo and baby.  It was going to be very expensive.  Instead I booked 6 hours at the Inchon transit hotel for $127.

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Asiana was not free last May.  They offered me a room but were completely inflexible when it came to my family.  Insisted I needed two rooms for 2 adults, 13 yo, 3 yo and baby.  It was going to be very expensive.  Instead I booked 6 hours at the Inchon transit hotel for $127.

Thanks, good to know that. Did you go through a travel agent or the airline?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Thanks, good to know that. Did you go through a travel agent or the airline?

I booked online at their website and then visited their office in Clark to work out details.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

When I asked it was:  You on cheap ticket, you no get

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When I asked it was:  You on cheap ticket, you no get

Dave is correct, this is exactly how it plays out. :thumbsup:

Asked our travel agent she said "class N (discounted) airline tickets have no extra benefits. A class Q provides a free hotel. "

JJ, all the tours are free. You can take more than one tour as time allows. There are other free activities including a cooking class.

Edited by Old55

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted

KC813
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Kiwi-Alan said:

That link still has good tour information, but the map is out of date.  Korean (and Delta, AF & KLM) relocated to the new Terminal 2 in February.  The transit desks in T2 are on either side before you enter immigration, and just outside customs by exterior door #3.

Remember you have to exit immigration for the tours, so a visa is necessary for filipinos.

I have never taken one of these tours, but they look like a great deal!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My West Coast relatives claim that Asiana Airlines is one of the best for trips to the Philippines. Their service includes more legroom in economy class and attentive flight attendants.  For our next trip to Asia , my wife and I are thinking about using a hub city to visit other countries.  Manila is a "No" due to city traffic and a chaotic international airport.  Seoul sounds like a good idea as a hub to visit such places as Vietnam, Malaysia and, of course the Philippines.  

Anyone with a better suggestion?  What about Singapore as a hub?  

• Like 1