Layover hotel in Korea question

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

Anyone with a better suggestion?

I think you have the best idea insofar as shortening the trip.  I have found ICN the best connecting airport for trips between Cebu and West Coast Canada or USA because it splits the trip into roughly 5 and 10 hours instead of a 15 hour backside killer.  Using Singapore is going back to the 15 hour segment.  Hong Kong brings it down to 12.  I have often thought that using Hawaii as a hub would split the trip nicely but they seem to have no desire to be an airline hub and there are never any deals to be had flying US mainland - Hawaii - Philippines.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We had done both Hong Kong and Singapore as stopover hubs with a couple of nights in a hotel. We fly from Europe so Dubai is another option.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

JJ, Inchon, Hong Kong both provide great airports with flight connections all over Asia. Perhaps Japan would also be a good choice. I would say much more to see and visit in Japan but I don't have any experience outside Narita airport.

I've flown Cathay, Asiana, EVA, Korean Air and Northwest over the past 20 years. EVA only their Everygreen Deluxe. All four Asian airlines are good I guess Cathay and Asiana slightly better? The larger EVA seat was amazing.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

Just had a 12 hour layover in Incheon airport.  No one offered me lodging or tours, but the benches were OK for napping.  Incheon airport is kind of out in nowhere land.  It's over an hour to get into Seoul if there's zero traffic, let alone during daytime traffic. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Philippine Airlines offers the most direct flights from San Francisco and Los Angeles. The last one taken was 16+ hours direct LAX to MNL. However, the seats were not comfortable. Next time, we will try one of the Korean airlines or EVA through Taipei.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

Just had a 12 hour layover in Incheon airport.  No one offered me lodging or tours, but the benches were OK for napping.  Incheon airport is kind of out in nowhere land.  It's over an hour to get into Seoul if there's zero traffic, let alone during daytime traffic. 

Respectfully, no one is going to seek you out to provide a tour or lodging.

Tours are free. There are other activities depending on what is offered by the department of tourism. Go online Inchon Airport Korea for tours. You must go through emigration and customs. Go down stairs then to the far left. There you will find the tour and hotel desks.

Hotels may be arranged through your ticket agent. You may or may not have to pay extra. If you have no hotel with your ticket you can make arrangements on your own. it's not difficult.