Health insurance

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I have looked on here for the said Health insurance and its a mine field if you look online , so the question is can i afford it and yes if i do fall ill it will be the best thing ever.

I have been looking and the cost is just to much to pay each month out of my budget for the just in case, paying around £300 or 21,000 peso each month is a lot, is there a cheaper way , we will have savings plus we also have the credit cards.

Could anyone point me in the right direction for other companies or is that the going rates for expats.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, stevewool said:

and yes if i do fall ill it will be the best thing ever.

Not really. Most dont like falling Ill but what would I know, some might consider it good. :shades:

stevewool
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not really. Most dont like falling Ill but what would I know, some might consider it good. :shades:

I should have said that in a BETTER way .

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

A lot of expats take out Philhealth and use their savings to cover the extra charges. Paying charges to a company with more smallprint than needles in a haystack is not on the menu for many people with all the exclusions they come up with.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
blkJack
Posted
Posted

How do I find information on the Philhcare? I have a quote from a private firm for a bare bones package but its still would be a hardship at 350-550 usd per month. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, blkJack said:

How do I find information on the Philhcare? I have a quote from a private firm for a bare bones package but its still would be a hardship at 350-550 usd per month. 

Philhealth

https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/ Look in the download links  :thumbsup:

blkJack
Posted
Posted

yes tanks I did that and as far as i can see i have to be on the SRRV, any one have a cheap provider that might work for me or is 350-500 usd   a good price for a bare bones package

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, blkJack said:

yes tanks I did that and as far as i can see i have to be on the SRRV, any one have a cheap provider that might work for me or is 350-500 usd   a good price for a bare bones package

350-500 usd a month is a very high price.  Where did you get that?

blkJack
Posted
Posted

Edited by admin. You need to paste in plain text otherwise a very long post will occur as you are pasting HTML.