Why Play Games?

Kris Allen
Posted
Posted

Hi Everyone,

I've been dating a Filipino a good bit over 2 years now and she keeps vanishing, blaming it from typhoons, to no wifi. Don't get me wrong I know you just love Global (HA HA), and you do get your share of typhoons. But lets face it, I am very intelligent enough to search your weather or power outages etc. To the point. IF your with someone like myself who already paid over $7000. to marry a beautiful lady in Cebu why play games? Why is love only a game to so many people? I'm funny, I love to sing, I love family and absolutely believe in supporting our moms and dads. After all they took care of us long enough right. Fact is I AM all of that yet my current GF and last 3 Filipino GF's all played me hard to the point how do you trust anyone again? I'm not rich, and I am not poor, but better than this I am happy and I love life. I am loved by many too because I motivate people. I have not broke up with her yet because I was going to hire a private investigator to see why she is vanishing........but then again, do I want to know? If it comes down to this, do I need it in my life bringing me down to her level. I am a Christian man who need my lifetime best friend at my side for better or for worst. Not in front of me, nor behind me, by my side. Someone to sing with me, to garden with me, bike and hike, or even a midnight swim. Someone who isn't shy to say THAT'S MY BABY, OMG I LOVE HIM SO! I am so tired of games......  

16265224_10212156020202749_2337564782062745118_n.jpg16196035_10212156021322777_6741380821724721510_n.jpg

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum

I guess if it does not feel right then it's probably not.  AS for do you want to know, yes if not one day you might find yourself with nothing so dont be a fool. By the way, update the copyright on your website as it 4 years out of date :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Why would you pay someone to marry you?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

codermonkey
Posted
Posted (edited)

I had a similar experience, generally you aren't paying them to marry you, you pay them 'support' so they can eat, pay the rent and generally stay out of trouble, then you pay for fiancee visa, then sick relatives, load, internet, etc.

The sad fact is a large proportion of Filipinas realize they can make more money by being a 'professional girlfriend' (scammer).

I suspect whatever you give them isn't enough because, as we aren't super rich, they just see it as a 'pay rise', and they see having 4-5 'boyfriends' on the go as 'overtime'.

$7000 can in effect be several years wages. Many Filipinos live hand to mouth with effectively no disposable income at all. They may never have substantial savings in their entire life.

They may have their own private goals, they may be secretly buying a plot of land, or building a house with your money.

I suspect they simply don't see the relationship on the romantic level. I've also began to think hypergamy is a universal female trait.

We are lucky they are often so short sighted and don't play the long game. Possibly they feel they would never manage to secure marriage due to their behavior even when its offered, or maybe they prefer their life as it is.

Another explanation might be they already have a filipino boyfriend of course.

The Philippines has the infamous Sogo chain of love hotels, they exist for the native population, for a religious country I get the feeling there is a lot of extra marital sex going on. 

I split with my ex 5 years ago but I still question all these aspects to this day.

Edited by codermonkey
  • Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Because she has good office skills?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

codermonkey
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Why would anyone pay $10,000 for a blood diamond, that gets taken to the pawn brokers a couple years later after the divorce? Yet millions do.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I would not even try to find out just move on.I have seen married girls here (and elsewhere) play these games and IMHO they are not worth you time or trouble.There are plenty of girls so just find one that fits your criteria.Many people have had this situation ,moved on and are now happy.Good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kris Allen said:

Why is love only a game to so many people?

Love was a game to me when I was in my 20's.  I imagine a lot of filipinas in their 20's are just the same.

If you are talking about older people playing games, I guess they never grew up.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Kris Allen said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been dating a Filipino a good bit over 2 years now and she keeps vanishing, blaming it from typhoons, to no wifi. Don't get me wrong I know you just love Global (HA HA), and you do get your share of typhoons. But lets face it, I am very intelligent enough to search your weather or power outages etc. To the point. IF your with someone like myself who already paid over $7000. to marry a beautiful lady in Cebu why play games? Why is love only a game to so many people? I'm funny, I love to sing, I love family and absolutely believe in supporting our moms and dads. After all they took care of us long enough right. Fact is I AM all of that yet my current GF and last 3 Filipino GF's all played me hard to the point how do you trust anyone again? I'm not rich, and I am not poor, but better than this I am happy and I love life. I am loved by many too because I motivate people. I have not broke up with her yet because I was going to hire a private investigator to see why she is vanishing........but then again, do I want to know? If it comes down to this, do I need it in my life bringing me down to her level. I am a Christian man who need my lifetime best friend at my side for better or for worst. Not in front of me, nor behind me, by my side. Someone to sing with me, to garden with me, bike and hike, or even a midnight swim. Someone who isn't shy to say THAT'S MY BABY, OMG I LOVE HIM SO! I am so tired of games......  

16265224_10212156020202749_2337564782062745118_n.jpg16196035_10212156021322777_6741380821724721510_n.jpg

Hi Kris. It's easy to see why you fell in love with her. She's beautiful. But maybe she isn't a good one for you. From what you say, she isn't 100% for you. I pray you find a woman who is. There are many out there so don't lose hope. I found one and I am not half as good looking as you.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, codermonkey said:

Why would anyone pay $10,000 for a blood diamond, that gets taken to the pawn brokers a couple years later after the divorce? Yet millions do.

In my case, I kept the blood diamond. She complained in the divorce negotiations, but my lawyer was a good one who said "how do you know he took it?" I was married more than 20 years when that went down. She kept the rest of the gold etc, and I kept the guns except one.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 3