Who says you cant get deported?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Says it all,  :bonk:, Foreigners like him who refuse to comply with our laws and who openly manifest disrespect to persons of authority do not deserve the privilege to stay in our country

Declared persona non grata in Cebu, Dutchman to be deported soon

vondeling bi.jpg

THE Bureau of Immigration (BI) will soon deport a Dutch national, who has been declared a persona non grata by at least two local government councils in Cebu for being an undesirable alien. Niklaas Vondeling, 61, was arrested by the BI Fugitive Search Unit (FSU) in his house in Barangay Eastern Poblacion, Poro, Camotes Islands in Cebu last April 4. According to BI Commissioner Jaime Morente, Vondeling was arrested on the strength of a warrant of deportation issued against him by the BI last September 2015. Morente said the issuance of the arrest order was prompted by the resolution penned by San Fransisco, Cebu municipal council and Barangay Poblacion council dated July 2014, declaring the Dutchman a persona non grata and recommending his deportation. Both resolutions, which stated that the Dutchman is “inimical to public order, safety and morals,” stemmed from his failure to secure building permits for the two resorts that he was constructing in San Francisco town.

The foreign national was also charged with grave oral defamation after having a heated altercation with local officials over the building permits. According to BI intelligence officer and FSU chief Bobby Raquepo, Vondeling sought the reconsideration of the arrest order against him. But the BI Board denied his plea. On November 17, 2016, the BI Board of Commissioners passed a resolution affirming the deportation order against the Dutchman. Raquepo said Vondeling has been staying in the country for a long time and there is no way that he could apply for an extension due to his inclusion in the Immigration blacklist. Morente said that: “Foreigners like him who refuse to comply with our laws and who openly manifest disrespect to persons of authority do not deserve the privilege to stay in our country." The BI Board of Commissioners is now processing the summary deportation order against 

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/local-news/2018/04/09/declared-persona-non-grata-cebu-dutchman-be-deported-soon-597542

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Do the businesses get torn down or sold at action..does the land get released...or does his 'other' get all?

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Let me guess who takes the property once the guy is deported?

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I guess his wife. But that guy did blamed himself. Why did he not got the necessary permits in advance? Instead he started a verbal fight against the goverment. I do not have any regrets with him.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

It can only be in her name or someone else's so the answer is clear. The point being and only going on what information we have is that it's not good to be an asswipe here. If there is an issue best to keep calm or get someone else to be your representative but I dont know this guy and at the same time could almost know the type who think they are above the Filipinos because they are a foreigner and in the end it bites them hard.  

Again, two or so sides of the story and we will never know other than someone's dreams are going out the window and I doubt if it could be fixed now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yep, he’s lost everything by not playing or paying along with the local officials. 

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is that him in the picture? Has a douchebag vibe. Probably no one can stand him in his home country, either.

Edited by Reboot

RBM
Posted
Posted

Unusual situation where in the justice department must off applied to the BI for deportation. Or wheels with in wheels...........

My guess is there is much more to this than the typical lousy reporting we are accustomed to here. If he is the same Dutchman whom owns a Resort in Comotes it's no surprise as he has been involved with land disputes for some years, especially the rite of way.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Dutchman to be deported soon

This is really great information.  Yes, it was I who said I have not seen a "western man" physically loaded on a plane and physically removed from the country at the expense of the Philippine BI.

It will be very interesting to see if this happens in the case of the Dutchman.  I hope we get regular follow ups from the media and from the BI to see what actually happens.  I can guess at several different outcomes that are more likely, but I surely hope we will see what happens in open and accurate media reporting, preferably from the BI site itself.

Here are my guesses as to the probable result of this "deportation"

First, I would guess they would offer him "voluntary deportation" which is not deportation at all.  It just means:  We don't want you here so we are offering you the chance to leave of your own volition and at your own expense and go anywhere that will take you.

Second, I would guess they would put him in jail until he comes up with money to pay for any "fines" they impose on him.  After payment of fines they may offer my first guess.

Third, I would guess he would stay in the detention center until someone comes up with money to claim him or until he pays off the right people to clear himself.  He could rot there for a long time as many other nationalities do.

Fourth, and what we would all like to see, is that they stick him on a plane out of here back to his last port or departure, at the expense of the Philippine Government and/or the voluntary co-operation of Philippine Airlines.  I wonder what are the chances of that "true deportation" actually happening.  But then, this is Philippines so it may be that "deportation" is a word they throw out like "brownout" .  By that I am saying they may have a different meaning for the word.   Could be that anyone who buys a plane ticket out of Philippines and is put on a blacklist is considered "deported".

I shall adopt a wait and see attitude, as I am still doing for the Cebu Rapid Transit :hystery:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

"true deportation" actually happening. 

The Dumaguete Police said the Korean national is subject to deportation. (PNA)

The Dumaguete Police said the Korean national is subject to deportation. (PNA) Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/dumaguete/local-news/2018/04/10/korean-nabbed-fraud-under-bi-custody-597709

How long should we hold our breath for ?:89:

Jack:smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

Edited by Jack Peterson
link did not stick