So now our leaders are using the modern world of communicating

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, topcat72m said:

You don' read about the tweets of other world leaders because they are measured in all their media encounters

Understood Top. But consider Top. the Leader that we are all discussing isn't really concerned (right or wrong) about the feelings or views of the world populace, but to those that support his ideals and his overall agenda. 

It is really not important (at least to me) what is tweeted, but why and what the target audience is. 

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The media in all forms have been controlling the thoughts of people for too long. I've lost count of the amount of headlines that highlight one point that strikes fear into people then when you read all the information it's riddled with:  could, may, should, all options are still open etc. 

Going back to the person in the initial report he has been savaged by most of the liberal media as someone who is mentally deranged, yet when his predecessor actually carried out some of the things he has been accused of threatening he was a great President and a Nobel Peace Prize winner. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Nothing new here. Trumpo's been doing this for years and years.

donald-j-trump-follow-realdonaldtrump-ba

And there will be more of it.

1523581756666.jpg

Edited by Reboot
  • Haha 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Foreigner
Posted
Posted

Twitter may be considered modern now, but it won't be that way forever.  Considering that technologies evolve and change with time, what will be the next modern way for politicians (and other high-profile types) to communicate to the world? :89:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

World leaders that tweet

Reading your link, it wasn't Trump who was the first US President to reach people my tweeting;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_on_social_media

Looks like Obama did it first but the media took no notice of his tweets, they just like to berate Trump for doing it.  Probably only because Trump is keeping the mainstream media out of the loop, unless they read his tweets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Reading your link, it wasn't Trump who was the first US President to reach people my tweeting;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_on_social_media

Looks like Obama did it first but the media took no notice of his tweets, they just like to berate Trump for doing it.  Probably only because Trump is keeping the mainstream media out of the loop, unless they read his tweets.

My point exactly!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

When people post to social media there is a tendency to be spontaneous.   There is no real planning, proof reading, or advice from a third party.  The result is that a LOT of messages go out that do damage to the person writing them and once posted there is no getting it back.  This "shooting from the hip" is often the problem when politicians, and others in the public view, post to public forums without thinking through what they have written before the hit the "send" button.

Ready - Fire - Aim :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think even tweets are manipulated and may not be coming from the actual person all the time. It's openly reported that a few VIPs and celebrities have media managers that do a lot of replying for them. It's not perfect but if it's left up to the media to pass the message on you're going to get seriously conflicting reports. 

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic