Met a phillipino in england

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I used to be an ageist. :huh:

One thing the forum has taught me is many Filipinas don't mind older guys especially when living in the Philippines.  Dave and a few others turned me around.

On the other hand in our experience here in the States few 20+ year gap couples have lasted more than ten years. The successful ones with large age gaps tended to be financially well off.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Old55 said:

On the other hand in our experience here in the States few 20+ year gap couples have lasted more than ten years.

These day, in Canada, few couples of ANY age gap last more than 10 years.  Making a relationship last a lifetime is a dying art.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well there is 17 years between me and Emma  but in our minds we are both young lovers.

I have seen other couples who are older then me and others who are younger too, its all about being happy with what you have  and i am very happy.

There is a young couple at this moment no names mentioned who i know, she is a stunner and they do have one child, they have now split up she has a new man and has changed so much in such a short time, she has now tattoos on her body and a could not care less attitude   according to all her face book pictures i must add, still nice to look at but not a wife material for me, but it takes all sorts to make the world go around .

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted (edited)

Fe and I are 8 years apart (she took me no matter my immaturity) the friends that are near to each other in age are mostly ex servicemen who married there, most of the others are 20+ years apart only a few have been divorced. Just anecdotal but seems to be fewer than most couples. Also assume many have been married more than 10 years by going to children's graduations. 

Edited by Gerald Glatt
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
Clermont
Posted
Posted

3 hours ago, Catabisis said:

Please don't ever break up with me

I take it she's a Barangay women, most of them are loyal and traditional. She respects not only you but her father as well, nice to here a positive slant on PI women. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

paulus
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Clermont said:

I take it she's a Barangay women, most of them are loyal and traditional. 

What is a barangay woman? Please

Edited by paulus
  • Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

A barangay women is a women that has been taught to look after her man, (no bra burning tantrums, ) and she generally is not spoilt by city lifestyle. Her creature comforts are few and far between and she respects the man is in charge of the decision making. They generally come from poorer backgrounds, farms, and smaller settlements. If you're lucky enough to get one you'll see the difference in their attitude to a city women, you being a PI will know what I'm writing about. :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Catabisis said:

Her father told her that I am a good man to her and if we break up it will be her fault. True story.

Been there, done that, (twice actually and now on the third LOL  ).  We did break up and it was admittedly her fault (both times).  Oh well.  Sometimes they change.  Best of luck to ya.  Often it works.  Depends on both the people involved.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 4