Met a phillipino in england

virginprune
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Balisidar said:

Barangay= country girls☺

Where I live, Marbel, a Barangay is a district within the town/city boundary, like a parish. Outside of the town/city these areas are known as a Bario. A country girl to me is from a Bario.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, virginprune said:

Where I live, Marbel, a Barangay is a district within the town/city boundary, like a parish. Outside of the town/city these areas are known as a Bario. A country girl to me is from a Bario.

Barrio and barangay are the same thing, barrio is just an earlier name.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

Barrio and barangay are the same thing, barrio is just an earlier name.

Agreed.  In rural Philippines, there are areas that are too small to even be a barangay.  I have seen these called "sitios".  Those sitios are often out in the bukid, which I take to mean a very rural or jungle area.  So if we want to get into the nitty gritty I would suggest a "bukid girl" is what I would refer to when thinking of a girl from a rural, farming community. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Agreed.  In rural Philippines, there are areas that are too small to even be a barangay.  I have seen these called "sitios".  Those sitios are often out in the bukid, which I take to mean a very rural or jungle area.  So if we want to get into the nitty gritty I would suggest a "bukid girl" is what I would refer to when thinking of a girl from a rural, farming community. 

Bukid can be a mountain area in visayan or bundok, riceland in tagalog. A sitios is like a remote compound, a small group of houses out in the middle of riceland or fields.  My wife is a bukid girl from a small village called Jantianon up in the mountians from Amlan Negros.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• 1 month later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

I've found myself the sweetest, most loving barangay girl here in Toril...  Mentally, she's a little older than me...  Physically, she's 40 years younger...  Her dad drives tricycle to put food on the table and is the sole support for his 3 daughters and 3 granddaughters...  Oops!  Only 2 daughters and one granddaughter now as one is moving back north to try again with her husband...  Their house?  It's a portion of a larger house split between several other relatives...  A wet first floor with it's own flow (water spring) and then upstairs is a rough floor, 2 bedrooms made from pre-used wood, one wooden bench to sit on and a large kitchen area...  Why so large?  The smoke from the open wood fire gets a little thick sometimes...  There is electricity but other than a couple lights, a TV (with antenna) and high power stereo...  Oops!  Forgot charging phone's used on a pocket wifi...  I guess you could say they aren't rich...  And this girl expects nothing from me..!!!  Her birthday was a couple weeks ago...  I paid admission for everyone at one of the pools and for a "cottage"...  A couple hundred pesos...  You would have thought I had taken her to Paris..!!!  Her phone was a beat up 3G that was so old, I expected to see the Android logo in black-and-white...  So I gave her a fairly decent budget phone for her birthday...  I think she stopped crying a week later...  

It's going to be interesting for us...  She speaks only a little English but is learning...  And I'm finally getting my act into gear and working on my Filipino...  If this is our only issue?  Thank you, Google Translate..!!!

So, my recommendations to all the single guys..?  Forget age...  Forget family income levels...  Heck, forget just about everything..!!!  Just keep looking and you will find a woman who is so much more than you ever thought could exist..!!!

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

redfeather
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, i am bob said:

Their house?  It's a portion of a larger house split between several other relatives...  A wet first floor with it's own flow (water spring) and then upstairs is a rough floor, 2 bedrooms made from pre-used wood, one wooden bench to sit on and a large kitchen area...  Why so large?  The smoke from the open wood fire gets a little thick sometimes...  There is electricity but other than a couple lights, a TV (with antenna) and high power stereo...  Oops!  Forgot charging phone's used on a pocket wifi...  I guess you could say they aren't rich... 

Bob,

This sounds just like my girlfriend who lives way out in Zamboagna.  Her Dad just completed her room which she shares with one of her sisters, and I bought her a fan and light for the room to help keep the mosquitoes off when they sleep.  For her birthday last month I paid for a pig and they had a BBQ and a cake and friends who they invited over...and she thanks me dozens of times for this small stuff.  I am all too happy to do these small things because it is minimal stuff for me, and she just gets thrilled to no end.  I like reading all the posts on the Blog you guys are mentoring me and don't know it.

• Like 4