13a Resident Visa I-Card Delays

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'd thought I would give the forum an update regarding the delayed I-Card for my 13a Resident Visa, which I applied at the Angeles BI (Marquee Mall).  I was approved for my 13a Resident (Probationary) Visa back on August 10, 2017.  In November, I had to travel back to the US, but had not received my 13a Resident I-Card.  So I had to make a trip to the Main BI office (Intramuros) to obtain an I-Card Waiver and my ECC.

In January (busy time at any BI office), I went back to Angeles BI office to inquire if they had my I-Card.  After taking my paperwork and passport, I waited over an hour.  Finally I asked if I could speak with the OIC, since it should've only taken about 30 mins at most.  The OIC explained to me they didn't have my I-Card due to a problem with their computer upgrade.  That I would be required to submit a new CGAF (Consolidated Form), along with copies of passport re-entry stamp, 13a Approval Letter and payment receipt.  Being the Angeles BI Office was so crowded, I asked the OIC if I could submit the paperwork via courier.  Thankfully, the answer was yes.

Last week, I was able to actually able to speak with someone on the phone at the Angeles BI Office.  Previously, their phone wasn't working.  The person confirmed that my I-Card is at the Angeles BI Office.  So tomorrow I take the 4-6 hour trip (bus/jeepney) from Cabanatuan to Angeles BI Office, hoping I'll finally get my I-Card. 

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

Hello,

I'd thought I would give the forum an update regarding the delayed I-Card for my 13a Resident Visa, which I applied at the Angeles BI (Marquee Mall).  I was approved for my 13a Resident (Probationary) Visa back on August 10, 2017.  In November, I had to travel back to the US, but had not received my 13a Resident I-Card.  So I had to make a trip to the Main BI office (Intramuros) to obtain an I-Card Waiver and my ECC.

In January (busy time at any BI office), I went back to Angeles BI office to inquire if they had my I-Card.  After taking my paperwork and passport, I waited over an hour.  Finally I asked if I could speak with the OIC, since it should've only taken about 30 mins at most.  The OIC explained to me they didn't have my I-Card due to a problem with their computer upgrade.  That I would be required to submit a new CGAF (Consolidated Form), along with copies of passport re-entry stamp, 13a Approval Letter and payment receipt.  Being the Angeles BI Office was so crowded, I asked the OIC if I could submit the paperwork via courier.  Thankfully, the answer was yes.

Last week, I was able to actually able to speak with someone on the phone at the Angeles BI Office.  Previously, their phone wasn't working.  The person confirmed that my I-Card is at the Angeles BI Office.  So tomorrow I take the 4-6 hour trip (bus/jeepney) from Cabanatuan to Angeles BI Office, hoping I'll finally get my I-Card. 

That might explain why my 13a card is still in Manila or not. Last year October 2017 had my passport implemented for the 13a, got told to come back in 3 months, went back told me it was still in Manila come back next month. Been back 3 times now. Going to be time to get my permanent one. May as well wait until July and start the permanent 13a process.   

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

The person confirmed that my I-Card is at the Angeles BI Office.

Its nice when a plan comes together :thumbsup:  Congrats on having one more bureaucratic hurdle overcome.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

That might explain why my 13a card is still in Manila or not. Last year October 2017 had my passport implemented for the 13a, got told to come back in 3 months, went back told me it was still in Manila come back next month. Been back 3 times now. Going to be time to get my permanent one. May as well wait until July and start the permanent 13a process.   

When I got my 13a stamp in my passport, the guy in the Balanga office told me to call Intramuros once in a while and bug them to send the I-card to Balanga.  He said it speeds it up when the customer contacts Intramuros directly.  Reminds me that I need to call.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

I just returned from the Angeles BI office with my 13a (Probationary) I-Card.  Only took 8 months to get it.  Now I'll have to go back before this August to renew my I-Card and hopefully have my 13a upgraded to Permanent.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

They have the capability at Intramuros main office to make them same day.  At least for tourist ACR.  The fact that it takes months for the provincial offices to get them speaks volumes.  Almost as bad as the LTO license plate fiasco.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Ryan.
Posted
Posted

I searched before starting a new topic and found this post. Currently July 2018. My 13A permanent is approved but after one month ACR card has not arrived to Cebu BI office. The staff does not seem to have a consistant idea when it will arrive.

Any thoughts on current wait time?

May I leave the country with a permanent resident visa in PP with no ACR card? It is not is if the delay is mine. Too logical I guess?

I would think it should arrive with the approval, even in a country like this. All parties would save a lot of aggravation. One can dream.

Will also make trip to local BI to follow up. Thanks.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I searched before starting a new topic and found this post. Currently July 2018. My 13A permanent is approved but after one month ACR card has not arrived to Cebu BI office. The staff does not seem to have a consistant idea when it will arrive.

Any thoughts on current wait time?

May I leave the country with a permanent resident visa in PP with no ACR card? It is not is if the delay is mine. Too logical I guess?

I would think it should arrive with the approval, even in a country like this. All parties would save a lot of aggravation. One can dream.

Will also make trip to local BI to follow up. Thanks.

Just got mine after several months, Started the process end July, Implemented in October. Finally got the wife to pick up the acr card a few days ago. Now it's time to start the 5 years permanent  13a 

• Like 1

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

Ok thank you.

I guess I am not looking for the get around to picking it up time but the current amount of time between 13A Permanent Resident Approval and the actual physical ACR card arriving in Cebu. Any data points appreciated on how long 13A ACR cards are taking to physically arrive. Anything helps. Will physically go to BI and email them on FB, too.

Ryan.
Posted
Posted

Forgot to mention, I will report back any information I might receive from BI office in Cebu and BI Facebook messenger. 

I suspect this kind of  topic gets revisited often.

🙂