Internet Alters Older Brains In Just One Week

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Do you think the Internet or forums have helped you keep your mind active? I know it has helped me to remember a lot of the things I learned in school, but I still have a long way to go since I have not been in school for close to 40 years. :th_thholysheep: Spending time online could enhance brain power, study suggestsAdults with little Internet experience show changes in their brain activity after just one week online, a new study finds. The results suggest Internet training can stimulate neural activation patterns and could potentially enhance brain function and cognition in older adults. As the brain ages, a number of structural and functional changes occur, including atrophy or decay, reductions in cell activity and increases in complex things like deposits of amyloid plaques and tau tangles, which can impact cognitive function. You can read the whole story by clicking here

Mik
Posted
Posted

I really hate it when I get those tau tangles. :th_thholysheep: The worst activity for your brain is watching television. Better to read books, play chess, research topics on the internet, read forums and make comments. I was a computer programmer for about 6 years. That was brain stimulating for sure. My work at the post office was brain numbing. Avoid employment like this: