I'm a Newbe and would like some help with information

blkJack
Posted
Posted

Hello all, I want to move to the Philippines, I'm retired 65 years old..have have about 50k CND and 1400-1500 CND in pensions per month.  I have been living in the Caribbean for the last 1.5-2 years and have learn a lot of valuable lessons that I hope I don't forget. I am returning to Canada soon and just want to do a touch and go (2-4 weeks) and fly off to my new home in the Philippines. I have a lady  that I have met online and she is 45 years young seems to be very awesome, very smart in business and being in local politics, she's is married and not with husband in 10 years and stuck in this no divorce country, so we can't legally marry. She says I don't need to support any extended family other than accepting her 10 year old son as my son and taking care of her.  She has done well for herself and  has taken care of everyone in her family.  She want us to live in Dapitan City in a modest house in a subdivision Cost about P1500.00 P , I myself could live in a bamboo house with a few amenities and I be just fine.  Lets all pray I found the right one to live with. I would like some help with information on: The best visa to get ? I'm not keen on the RSSV package. What's the best way to start on a visitor visa, how do I get a 59 day to start with, Can I buy my return ticket for 6 months or more and be OK with entering the country on a 30 or 59 day visa? Is there a cheaper way of just buy a one way there and then buying a cheap off the island for an overnight in a country that's close and restart the process? What do I have to do to restart the process over again? Oh ya, can I just go to the closest immigration office near Dapitan City to upgrade the visa days extension. Any other advice is welcome in any of the other areas of living cheap and in love in the Philippines.Thanks all.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome!

Please post each of your questions into their own topic. Asking many questions at one time is a bit overwhelming and difficult to get answers. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, blkJack said:

can I just go to the closest immigration office near Dapitan City to upgrade the visa days extension.

You are on the right track with using Tourist Visas.  Arrive with any ticket out of the country and you will qualify for 30 days free.   That ticket can be for any future date but you avoid some of the "power tripping" officials if you have it dated within 30 days.  If you never plan to use it that is fine.  If you plan to be in and out of the country then get your exit ticket as far in the future as you can so that you can use it for future "exit ticket" needs.

Your first Tourist Visa renewal will be for 29 days.  Everyone does that.  Your second one can be for 6 months.  That will be nice for you if there is no immigration office in Dapitan City.  Here is a link to a list for all the published BI Satellite offices and it looks like the fast craft to Dumaguete is your best option OR get an agent to do it for you and you never have to leave your living room.

It costs "approximately" 20,000 Pesos a year to stay on a tourist visa and you have to leave the country at least once every 3 years.  The current rules are extremely generous so expect them to change once the government realizes that :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Have a great time.  PS, your budget will be fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

Your “ modest house cost in a subdivision for 1500 p ” is way too low.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Lou49 said:

Your “ modest house cost in a subdivision for 1500 p ” is way too low.

Absolutely agree.  I thought it was a typo and really meant 15000 pesos.  Do you think he really believes he can find a modest house in a subdivision for 1500?  

• Like 2

Lou49
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

Absolutely agree.  I thought it was a typo and really meant 15000 pesos.  Do you think he really believes he can find a modest house in a subdivision for 1500?  

Sounds to me like he has never been to the PI or even met his intened so who knows what he believes. It would be a costly mistake on his part so it is worth clarifying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes,  the part that worries me is that his intended wants to start with such an expensive rental.  Filipinas I know would be happy in whatever house their loved one chooses.  Someone who is 45, married, with a 10 year old son sounds like a costly mistake more than the 15000 pesos for the rental.

However, I know from experience that telling people not to get involved with married women here is like telling a duck not to swim in polluted water.  They gonna do it anyway!  So I wasn't gonna say anything, but now I've doggone gone and done it.

Some one had to say it !!! 😀. My advice to him would be go for a 59 day visit then go home and think it over.

• Like 3

blkJack
Posted
Posted

Well thank you all for your input, yes it was a type O 15,000P =$360 CND. I'll  talk to her to be sure. I didn't think it was a lot of money for a full furnished home, but lots to check out, please continue with your comments. Do  any of you know what the cheapest destination to fly to might be the cheapest ticket price and how long does someone have to be out of the  country ? I am listening to all of you.

• Like 3