American arrested for drugs in Dumaguete

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Ram1957 said:

Actually the FB pages that cover Dumaguete treats all those that involved in illegal activity the same. If you get caught it's reported no matter who you may be. 

Yes this is true many stories of locals involved in crime.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gerald Glatt said:

help is free and easily given in the States  if a person is dumb enough to use in Asia.....well you can't fix stupid

I`m not sure how good it is but they can get help here if they surrender them selves to the police.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

help is free and easily given in the States  if a person is dumb enough to use in Asia.....well you can't fix stupid

I think what you have to remember is that addiction comes after the stupid part so if you become addicted it would not matter where that person was as they will need/want their drugs. 

• Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think what you have to remember is that addiction comes after the stupid part so if you become addicted it would not matter where that person was as they will need/want their drugs. 

meaning they were STUPID in first place.........I know that addiction can be an awful thing and that it is not just drugs that one can be addicted to....still this is no excuse to go to a part of the world where you can and will be put to death or imprisoned for a very long time and then say help me or it is not an offense where I live ...no skin off my nose as it improves the gene pool    

:shooter:

• Like 4

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

That there are still so many stupid people not learning the lessons that owning or trading drugs in the Philippines (and other countries) are dangerous or even being deadly. :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::bonk:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gerald Glatt said:

meaning they were STUPID in first place.........I know that addiction can be an awful thing and that it is not just drugs that one can be addicted to.

Untils 6-7 years ago I would have agreed with you 100%.But some addicts are very young when they start and it may just be that they were bullied into doing it in the first place.I was told stories about drugs being given out to school kids who then became addicted.Some empathy is required when discussing this subject.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Untils 6-7 years ago I would have agreed with you 100%.But some addicts are very young when they start and it may just be that they were bullied into doing it in the first place.I was told stories about drugs being given out to school kids who then became addicted.Some empathy is required when discussing this subject.

I agree Kev. A number opiate addicts got addicted taking prescription medication. Some people get addicted very quickly from what I have read.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I`m not sure how good it is but they can get help here if they surrender them selves to the police.

I would have agreed totally with that until I saw the pic of the cop in Sibulan who was shot and lying dead on the ground with a bunch of drug paraphernalia laid out beside him.  I cannot post a pic like that on this forum and I cannot find the link, but it was only last week.  A picture tells a story and I think the story they are trying to tell is that even some cops are hooked on drugs.

• Like 2