American arrested for drugs in Dumaguete

bastonjock
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I would have agreed totally with that until I saw the pic of the cop in Sibulan who was shot and lying dead on the ground with a bunch of drug paraphernalia laid out beside him.  I cannot post a pic like that on this forum and I cannot find the link, but it was only last week.  A picture tells a story and I think the story they are trying to tell is that even some cops are hooked on drugs.

The lady whom I visited in Mindanao told me that her sisters husband who was a police officer got busted for shabu ,he attack some fellow officers as well ,he has been in prison for over a year waiting on a trial ,she and her sister told me several times that if they could find someone to pay for his treatment he would be released into a rehab , they were hoping that i would cough up the money 

Edited by bastonjock

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

The lady whom I visited in Mindanao told me that her sisters husband who was a police officer got busted for shabu ,he attack some fellow officers as well ,he has been in prison for over a year waiting on a trial ,she and her sister told me several times that if they could find someone to pay for his treatment he would be released into a rehab , they were hoping that i would cough up the money 

Honestly this is kinda a tough call.

One the one hand you are not now or in the future the family ATM machine. On the other hand there is a chance you could provide the funds for that individual to become clean and sober once more contribute to his family's well being.

Maybe helping him could get you tangled into a huge snake pit of dangerous issues. 

Curious if your lady friend suggested you help or was it her sister? It would only be natural for ether want to see him get better but the concern is how do they view you. Is it about the money or a future together? It's your business don't need to answer just wanted to share my thoughts hope you don't mind.

• Like 5

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Old55 said:

Honestly this is kinda a tough call.

One the one hand you are not now or in the future the family ATM machine. On the other hand there is a chance you could provide the funds for that individual to become clean and sober once more contribute to his family's well being.

Maybe helping him could get you tangled into a huge snake pit of dangerous issues. 

Curious if your lady friend suggested you help or was it her sister? It would only be natural for ether want to see him get better but the concern is how do they view you. Is it about the money or a future together? It's your business don't need to answer just wanted to share my thoughts hope you don't mind.

I made my mind up within two days of meeting her ,I felt I was being viewed as a ATM machine , intact the whole family looked upon me as their personal bank ,thank you for your concern , ten minutes after meeting her family ,her father starts asking me about how big my pension is etc then she went on to tell me that her cousin's husband gets 250k pesos a month from his pension and how he helps that family , I dropped her as soon as I got back to the UK 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

I made my mind up within two days of meeting her ,I felt I was being viewed as a ATM machine , intact the whole family looked upon me as their personal bank ,thank you for your concern , ten minutes after meeting her family ,her father starts asking me about how big my pension is etc then she went on to tell me that her cousin's husband gets 250k pesos a month from his pension and how he helps that family , I dropped her as soon as I got back to the UK 

atm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

TunaT
Posted
Posted

Is it just me or has this thread gone so far off topic that it doesn't make sense to click on the title anymore ?

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I saw a vlog on you tube ,a well known vlogger called Ned ,goes on to say that he knew the guy and is very surprised that he's been busted for drugs ,he does mention that the guy was a bit of a chicks boy , hopefully he was blood tested and  shown to be negative , it may be a case of being fitted up by angry ex ," hell have no fury like a woman scorned " 

So who knows if he is guilty

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

,a well known vlogger called Ned ,goes on to say that he knew the guy and is very surprised that he's been busted for drugs

My gf was having a chat with a female traffic enforcer the other day and the traffic lady got to talking about what they look for to decide if someone is on drugs.    I was hearing the conversation second hand, translated by my gf, but it sounds as if all levels of law enforcement are being taught to profile. Someone who normally has an outgoing, "bubbly" personality or someone who is hung over and tired could easily get profiled as a drug user.

What happens next is up to our imagination.  Does law enforcement decide "if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck"  or do they do any investigative work?  The conversation that was relayed to me has me believing the former approach.

Lesson learned:  Avoid even the appearance of being under the influence of any sort of drugs when around officious types.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Dave, I was told many years ago it's simply best to avoid police officers in Philippines. 

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Dave, I was told many years ago it's simply best to avoid police officers in Philippines. 

Stay away from illegal drugs period.Then you don`t have to worry about the police.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1