Is there baggage help in the airport

blkJack
Posted
Posted

I have to have help with my bags when traveling at the airports, do they offer a good service with helping through all the checkpoints, customs, visa's , switching terminals if need? I usually have the airlines give me that assistance with a wheelchair and I pay a porter to help with the bag. Is that service the same in the Philippines airports?   Do the smaller air services flying from Manila to Dapitan City  offer the same assistance help as the larger airlines? I'm not sure if any can help with this info. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I certainly would think smaller airports could provide assistance. Simply contact the regional airline you will fly on.

I've noticed wheelchairs and aids at Cebu International.  

Have you visited the airport website? There could be helpful information there as well.

Edited by Old55

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, blkJack said:

I'm not sure if any can help with this info. 

This I not meant to be flip nor in jest, but one thing I have found in the Philippines any type of service help is available anywhere, (if you are willing to pay). From changing a flat tire on the side of the road to changing a light bulb in your living room. In fact at times it is almost annoying that a man can not carry his own purchase to the check out counter without some young stud offering to carry it for you. 

Receiving assistance at an airport would be the least of my worries. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

blkJack
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, blkJack said:

I have to have help with my bags when traveling at the airports, do they offer a good service with helping through all the checkpoints, customs, visa's , switching terminals if need? I usually have the airlines give me that assistance with a wheelchair and I pay a porter to help with the bag. Is that service the same in the Philippines airports?   Do the smaller air services flying from Manila to Dapitan City  offer the same assistance help as the larger airlines? I'm not sure if any can help with this info. 

No not as of yet, still trying to put all the pieces together. Thanks

• Like 1

blkJack
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, scott h said:

This I not meant to be flip nor in jest, but one thing I have found in the Philippines any type of service help is available anywhere, (if you are willing to pay). From changing a flat tire on the side of the road to changing a light bulb in your living room. In fact at times it is almost annoying that a man can not carry his own purchase to the check out counter without some young stud offering to carry it for you. 

Great glad to hear. Thanks

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, scott h said:

Agreed, my 82 year old mother travels all over, including Manila and Cebu, and she expects wheelchair service and luggage service and she gets it.  But she knows that Filipinos will respect an elderly lady in a wheelchair who commands respect and who knows when to slip a 100 peso note.

If you only need help with the bags then there are usually porters to do that.  If you want royal service it is available, but you have to be assertive.

PS:  It occurs to me that mother flies business class and that may be part of the reason she gets royal service.  That is an option for you.  Philippine Airlines has the cheapest business class I have found but that is still out of reach of the budget traveler.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Wheel chair service is free on both PAL and Cebu Pacific. And that's from experience.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Mainly to the OP but whenever I have booked a Flight onLine There is a box to tick if Special assistance is needed. I ticked on day and up came some questions. Have you done this? When I use an Agent I am asked the Same Question, Now we are all Old enough and I think wise enough we should remember, "Don't ask, Don't get, dave"H's mum asks and gets. Start at the beginning and ask rather than waiting till the Arrival to find No assistance or very Little, I might add that if you go the Right road the Assistance will be Both Ends of the Journey .

Just my Thoughts. :shades:

Bon voyage plane.jpg:thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

dave"H's mum asks and gets.

Aye, that she does.  She even managed to get the assistance of the RAF to fly her to England one time when her mother passed away.  She said she was treated like the Queen's cousin.  Not sure how she does it.  She just has an air about her.  If you want to be treated like royalty you have to act like royalty.  At least that is the lesson I took away from that.

• Like 2