A good Throw-a-way ticket part 2

blkJack
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

Malaysia often has the cheapest throw aways.

Guess I need the city , I tried Taipei - Taoyuan) $36.37 USD

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, blkJack said:

Guess I need the city , I tried Taipei - Taoyuan) $36.37 USD

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, used to have cheap tickets.  Not sure if it is still true.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, blkJack said:

Malaya doesn't work in the ticket finder is there a different spelling?

Search for flights from Clark the choose the best 1 for you.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, blkJack said:

that  I have a ticket out before 29 days.

Ticket can be dated any time not just in the 30 days. Your 30 days start the day after you arrived and are stamped. The point is you have an onward ticket, thats it. 

30 days on.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If I want to buy a "real" throwaway ticket I start with Skyscanner.  I know you are coming at the end of May and you were asking about a ticket within the 30 days.  It looks to me like the cheapest one in June is going to be close to 2,000 pesos.

Skyscan.png  BUT don't trust it 100%.  Keep trying as new and cheaper fares are coming up all the time so don't take the first one you see if you are not in a hurry.  Example, I tried the same process a few minutes later and got this deal

China.jpg  Thats almost half what the first try would have cost me.  By the time you read this, all those cheap fares will likely be gone so you will still have to do all your own legwork, BUT at least you have a ballpark figure of what a  REAL ticket will cost.  By real I mean a ticket that you can actually use to board the plane as opposed to one that gets cancelled after you go through immigration.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

For cheap tickets I have had good luck with unpronounceable cities in China. I have used Tiger Air (merged with Cebu Pacific now). Air Asia is cheap, too.  Since it only has to be an exit ticket, it does not matter what airport you "fly" out of. So you might find a good price out of any part of the PIs - Manila, Clark, Davao...  don't forget the smaller airports like Kalibo. 

The last one I bought was almost a year out, the farthest out they would let me book.  I ended up using the same ticket twice for my exit ticket.   I have never had immigration ask for, only the boarding airline (I have heard that immigration sometimes asks, but I never had it happen).  :tiphat: 

Edited by Tukaram (Tim)

Mick
Posted
Posted

If you book on Emirates you can hold for 72 hours, they send you confirmation in pdf with a booking reference, just edit the date, done it 3 times now  I'm a Yorkshire man, hate paying for something not required... 😏

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mick said:

just edit the date, done it 3 times now  I'm a Yorkshire man, hate paying for something not required

Did the editing thing just once.  Got caught.  Got lucky the Immigration official was in a good mood because he plugged my "confirmation number" into his computer and said "I have no record of you being booked on that flight, but I will put it down to computer error this time".  I highly do NOT recommend it.  But booking a flight that they will hold for 72 hours and printing out a legitimate ticket reservation which you are going to cancel 70 hours later is just fine I would think.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mick said:

If you book on Emirates you can hold for 72 hours, they send you confirmation in pdf with a booking reference, just edit the date, done it 3 times now  I'm a Yorkshire man, hate paying for something not required... 😏

As much as I agree with you in the sense that I don`t like wasting money for 1k peso I would rather not take a chance.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, blkJack said:

I could be just over tired and not seeing them. 

Just marry the lady, get your 13a visa and never worry about it again :hystery: