A good Throw-a-way ticket part 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

for 1k peso I would rather not take a chance.

In all my Previous traveling, I always used a Round Trip, It seemed to me to be the safest bet and in cost effectiveness in never seemed much difference to have a single and onward, as a single is a lot more expensive on it's own then add the cost of the Throwaway But that was me then

• Love it 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Personally never ever been asked by Philippine immigration for an outward ticket. Only and always a huge hassle by the airlines, if ones outward ticket is over 30 days from entry it's a battle to teach them the rules.

• Hmm thinking 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, RBM said:

Personally never ever been asked by Philippine immigration for an outward ticket. Only and always a huge hassle by the airlines, if ones outward ticket is over 30 days from entry it's a battle to teach them the rules.

i have had a return ticket dated 364 days out. I have had  to explain to the airline that i can easily extend a visa for that length of time or that  i can shorten the return date to whatever i want. Never had a problem at immigration.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

We always hand our return ticket plus marriage certificate to the BI at the counter, they never check and only say you can stay twelve months. On the other hand, I wouldn't tempt fate and turn up without a return ticket or a dodgy refundable ticket. Don't forget their in the 21st century with updated technology at their finger tips.

When we were taught how to march in my youth, we always started with our right foot, seems to me a lot of people want to start their visit on the left foot. No wonder there is post after post about BI controversy, try your visit by taking your first step in THEIR country with the right step and enjoy like this fellow, no problems with BI by the looks of him. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Clermont said:

No wonder there is post after post about BI controversy, try your visit by taking your first step in THEIR country with the right step and enjoy like this fellow, no problems with BI by the looks of him.

Its not usually the BI as its the airlines who dont understand. I keep a screen shot of the correct info on my phone. Not what it says about your case. 

No onward.jpg

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Clermont said:

When we were taught how to march in my youth, we always started with our right foot,

:huh: Must be a down under thing then My Friend, Up the Top we are taught bye the left Quick March, Left, right, left. right  but I certainly get your point in question :smile: 

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Your right Jack, grey matter playing up.

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, RBM said:

Personally never ever been asked by Philippine immigration for an outward ticket

And that is what sucks about this country, Bruce.  There is no consistency.  You have been coming and going a long time and never been asked, so I am sure you cannot see what the fuss is all about.  Why would you?  Its never happened to you.

On the other hand I am frequently asked by immigration in Mactan and NAIA and (as I mentioned previously) they went so far as to plug my confirmation number into the computer on one occasion.  WTF?  I seldom see this happen to anyone else so people think I must be blowing smoke.  One of my best friends felt that way, until he was back in the USA and he missed his flight back to Philippines because the airline demanded he have an onward ticket.  Suddenly he's a convert.

But as to the immigration asking me frequently, I do not know what they would do if I was unable to present an onward ticket and I'm glad I have never had to find out.  I did have them push the issue about not having the exit ticket within the 30 day period but they were just being officious and let me pass when I explained I was going to get an extension at the BI office.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Its not usually the BI as its the airlines who dont understand. I keep a screen shot of the correct info on my phone. Not what it says about your case. 

No onward.jpg

Never had a problem with an airline yet, it's not their business how long you stay, and after reading your link, I'm more confused about the return ticket. But saying that, a one way ticket from Oz to PI is about $200 cheaper than a return ticket, personally, I think I'll pay the return ticket for nearly twelve months out, no hassles then.

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Never had a problem with an airline yet, it's not their business how long you stay,

It's their problem if you are not allowed entry to the country so if they ask about onward tickets you need to know the rules. This same topic goes on for years and I have seen people have problems, I have read people have problems from different airlines and I read some say there never asked but they talk about immigration and not the airlines or vice versa so really it gets to a point, enter at own risk or know the facts beforehand.

Incidentally once Singapore airlines questioned me over the date of my return ticket. Once I completed telling them facts the exact words were , well you know better then me and I was on my way.

Just to add, yourself entering as a Balikbayan as it says you have different rules as you are not a tourist but ask Lee our former admin from years ago about American Airlines and the issue he had with them even though he has been coming here for years the same way.