Cost of vaccinations to buy in the Philippines

blkJack
Posted
Posted

Had your vaccinations done here in PL?

Anyone know the going prices for the vaccinations suggested for living here? 

Region: Asia

Vaccine recommendations
Disease    Recommendation    When to see a doctor
Typhoid    *Vaccination sometimes recommended    2 weeks before travel
Hepatitis A    *Vaccination sometimes recommended    2 weeks before travel
Tuberculosis    *Vaccination sometimes recommended    3 months before travel
Hepatitis B    *Vaccination sometimes recommended    2 months before travel
Rabies    *Vaccination sometimes recommended    1 month before travel
Meningococcal meningitis    Not required    
Cholera    *Vaccination sometimes recommended    2 weeks before travel
Yellow fever    Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission    10 days before travel
Japanese B encephalitis    *Vaccination sometimes recommended    1 month before travel
Tick-borne encephalitis    Not required    
* Recommendations that are marked "Vaccination sometimes recommended" should be considered as "Vaccination strongly recommended" if a person is travelling frequently or spending extended time in that country, or if a person's occupation or planned activities could put them at higher risk. It is important to get expert advice.

All travellers are advised to ensure that their diphtheria, tetanus and polio vaccinations are kept up to date. A booster dose is needed if it is longer than ten years since you last had a vaccine against these diseases

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

After multiple visits I have lived here not quite five years.  Did not get any additional vaccinations prior to vacations, none prior to move, and none since I have arrived.  That being said, I am due for a tetanus booster.  Where was the source for the recommendations you posted? :89:

• Like 1

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted

Good topic.   I visited a USA travel clinic months before my first trip here. Got vacs for Hep A&B, Typhoid and a Tetanus shot.

I'm about due for another Tetanus booster myself. So time to start thinking of where.

Gator
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

Good topic.   I visited a USA travel clinic months before my first trip here. Got vacs for Hep A&B, Typhoid and a Tetanus shot.

I'm about due for another Tetanus booster myself. So time to start thinking of where.

In the USA most city/county/parish health clinics offer vaccinations at a very reasonable cost. Last year the Tetanus booster I got (in Florida) was only 30$; no office visit charge.

Can’t help about the costs in the Phil’s, but I’d make sure I went to a reputable clinic/doctor. I’d also ask to check the vaccine first to make sure it’s from a known manufacturer and that it’s not expired or about to.