Philippines trip no2

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys 

I'm planning my second trip to the Philippines for more boots on the ground assessment.

The rough plan at the moment is London , Manila ,Davao , dumagette ,Puerto galera ,Manila ,London 

I can work out the flights as far as duma , but getting to Puerto galera is a bit of a dog leg I think ,so what's the best route from duma to Puerto galera ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, bastonjock said:

so what's the best route from duma to Puerto galera ?

Possibly Duma to Puerto Galera. 

:crack-up: Sorry 

  • Like 2
  • Love it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted

MNL or CEB as the two major hubs and international airports will have the most flights to outlying islands.

Honestly this is one case that google will provide best information.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

MNL or CEB as the two major hubs and international airports will have the most flights to outlying islands.

Honestly this is one case that google will provide best information.

Yes the only flights I can find are from those places.Dumaguete to one of those and then the onward flight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Yes I'm thinking that it's a flight to Manila then possibly a bus to galera

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted
16 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I'm thinking that it's a flight to Manila then possibly a bus to galera

I'm thinking Puerto Galera is a town on the Philippine island of Mindoro and there is no bridge, so does the bus go on a ferry?  

I' be thinking Air Juan but its about 4500 pesos each way http://www.airjuan.com/airjuan-destinations.php

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

If you get to Manila just go to the Buendia Jac liner terminal. All taxis know it. Jump on a Ceres/Goldstar bus. 178 peso to Batangas port then take a Banca to Sabang. 250 peso and 30 peso terminal fee. Leave Manila by 12 noon to catch a Banca. 

  • Like 2
  • Love it 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

If you want start in dumaguete get a ceres liner to Bacalod, ferry to illoilo, then bus across Panay island a ferry to Mindoro etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

If you want start in dumaguete get a ceres liner to Bacalod, ferry to illoilo, then bus across Panay island a ferry to Mindoro etc.

Do you have a rough idea of the time and cost for that trip?  It seems long and expensive compared to a cheap flight to Manila and then using Snowy's method

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Do you have a rough idea of the time and cost for that trip?  It seems long and expensive compared to a cheap flight to Manila and then using Snowy's method

The last time I went from Dumaguete to iloilo it took around 9 hours.Cant remember the cost but a flight to Manila would not be too much more,.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...