Philippines trip no2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

The last time I went from Dumaguete to iloilo it took around 9 hours.

Yes, but that's just the easy part.  After getting to Iloilo you then have to " bus across Panay island a ferry to Mindoro etc." (quoting Gary) and its that last part that I thought would be time consuming.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I can buy a return ticket to Davao cheaper than I can buy a single ,it's then a cheap flight to duma and from duma a flight to Manila , then a bus and ferry to galera ,guess I need to do the reverse back to Manila for my return flight ,I've got three weeks this time 

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

You could get the bus and do a couple of nights in IloIlo, decent city. Is long though, Iloilo to Caticlan is about 7 hours, only 4-500 pesos though.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I like the idea of snowys route to galera ,I'm hoping to get a bit more of a feeling of adventure from this trip , the cost of flights from davao to duma and duma to manila is very affordable,  I'm going to avoid resort type holiday this time, I've been on the booking web sites and I've been looking at hotels around the £15.00 per night range.

I'm hoping to fit in a couple of days sailing with a guy ,maybe meet up with some of the reprobates from this forum  :-) , there are lots of possibilities, the feeling of excitement is building  my best buddy will fly out a few hours before me ,he's off to live with his gf in Pampanga , so I will be solo on this trip 

spare a thought for my boss , I told him if I could not have three weeks hols ,he better start looking for another  controls electrician ,he keeps saying " your coming back rant you " 

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, but that's just the easy part.  After getting to Iloilo you then have to " bus across Panay island a ferry to Mindoro etc." (quoting Gary) and its that last part that I thought would be time consuming.

My friend has done that route I was going to message him but he is on the plane to London.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Surely it's all about the journey, we went from Ormoc to Manila by coach stopping off in Lagaspi for a couple of nights. Yes that's 24 hours on the coach but there's no better way to see the Philippines, the view from an aircraft window is not great.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Surely it's all about the journey, we went from Ormoc to Manila by coach stopping off in Lagaspi for a couple of nights. Yes that's 24 hours on the coach but there's no better way to see the Philippines, the view from an aircraft window is not great.

That is not for me even with a stop I don`t mind 3-4 hours on a bus but there were no CRs on the bus and food at the stops is very limited when I went from Dumaguete to Iloilo.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Well that's the first part done , I've booked a return to Davao and a three night stay in a budget hotel ,depending on how I get on in davao ,will decide when I go to duma 

Its going to feel like a long two months 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, bastonjock said:

,will decide when I go to duma 

Well maybe you can arrange it for the Second Thursday of a month so you can Come on down and meet the Guys from Dumaguete  :thumbsup:

Jack:smile:

Morning all:photo-109:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1