Are there any undiscovered locations remaining in Philippines

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I'm sure there must still be undeveloped places off the beaten path in Philippines an Expat would be safe to live in.  Anyone wanna tell us their secret dream location? 

Ok, tough crowd...

So any places you would visit for a short time for an adventure. Perhaps no electricity running water when it rains something like that? 

Bantayan Island is developed and there are clearly some Expats visiting and living there. In my limited experience it's one of the few places I could see myself spending extended time. Best pizza in Philippines so it would be my choice for a off the beaten path location but not undiscovered or off the radar.

• Like 2
  • I'm Confused 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Old55 said:

So any places you would visit for a short time for an adventure.

I could tell ya, but  . . . . 

if.jpg

• Haha 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I could tell ya, but  . . . . 

if.jpg

That or my wife...... :whistling:

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I know of no unknown places. 

• Like 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Old55 said:

I'm sure there must still be undeveloped places off the beaten path in Philippines an Expat would be safe to live in.  Anyone wanna tell us their secret dream location? 

Ok, tough crowd...

So any places you would visit for a short time for an adventure. Perhaps no electricity running water when it rains something like that? 

Bantayan Island is developed and there are clearly some Expats visiting and living there. In my limited experience it's one of the few places I could see myself spending extended time. Best pizza in Philippines so it would be my choice for a off the beaten path location but not undiscovered or off the radar.

Here you go buy your own Island.

http://www.islandsproperties.com/properties/islands/pal-lin-is-9729/index.htm

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am sure there are lots of undeveloped beaches around, but my wife and I have no desire to go to an undeveloped beach.  After 45 minutes of swimming... there is nothing else to do.  Must be why we both love Boracay so much :tiphat:

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Some nice places around Pinamalayan Mindoro. Nicest beaches I have ever seen. Not a lot of tourists hanging around, mucking the place up when I was there 4 years ago now. I never hear anyone else mention it so it might still be in good shape.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

• Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I had just returned from Coron when that show aired. If you struggle to survive on Coron you'd go hungry in a McDonald's. Some beautiful locations there that are semi deserted but for me if you want remote beaches hit Palawan. 

Some beaches are only accesible by yomping through the jungle for over an hour or even a long drive from civilisation. 

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I am sure there are lots of undeveloped beaches around, but my wife and I have no desire to go to an undeveloped beach.  After 45 minutes of swimming... there is nothing else to do.  Must be why we both love Boracay so much :tiphat:

There are many beautiful, relatively unknown beaches all over the Philippines. There are two main issues. The first is already mentioned by Tukaram (Tim). "Aside from 45 minutes of swimming... there is nothing else to do." The second  is where do you go if you need medical services?

We have visited pristine beaches that require access from the sea. The logistics include hiring at least two motorized bancas in case the engine of one breaks down. We also had to bring all our water, food and shelter requirements with us plus survival gear in case we got into trouble.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1