Dangerous occupations

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The election is tomorrow and already 20 to 26 election related deaths. Not a good occupation. Goes along the same lines as being a new reporter or radio announcer.  Think I would rather drive a Jeepney.  :ohmy:

....................................................................................

PNP: 20 killed ahead of SK, barangay polls

Twenty people have been killed ahead of the May 14 Sangguniang Kabataan and barangay elections, according to the Philippine National Police (PNP).

PNP reported a total of 26 cases of suspected election-related violence from April 14 to May 1.

Data from PNP showed that 12 fatalities were recorded in Mindanao and four each in Luzon and Visayas.

According to the police, 12 of them were incumbent barangay officials, two were running for barangay captain, and six were civilians.

Commission on Elections (Comelec) Commissioner Rowena Guanzon previously tweeted the breakdown of elections hotspots in the country.

Rest Of Story

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The election is tomorrow

13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Twenty people have been killed ahead of the May 14 Sangguniang Kabataan and barangay elections,

I think you are getting ahead of yourself JGF.  Still a week of killings to go.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I think you are getting ahead of yourself JGF.  Still a week of killings to go.

Just because you know what day or date it is today does not mean that everyone does. By the way, Merry Christmas :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

At least it's honest killing and corruption in PI...

Oh, and happy new year!

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted (edited)

Whats being said here is thst most Barangay Kapitans and their council members

Are all a foregone Concusion, theres not been anyone canvassing for votes

Edited by expatuk2014

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Political prestige in the Philippines is measured by how many bodyguards (security) are needed to protect a politician.  These guards are paid by the local, provincial or national government, but their allegiance is to the politician who provided them with employment. We also don't know if there is any training associated with their ability to obtain a firearm license. It is a volatile situation. End result is election related violence.

• Like 3

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I don't understand it. I got a text message from the National Telecommunications Commission reminding me not to carry a gun (or sell my vote) this election season. Didn't these other people get that too? *blinks innocently*

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I don't understand it.

I didn't understand it either.  This country is supposed to have 2 official languages so should it not be sent in both languages?  Or just allow the foreigners to opt out so we don't have to guess why they are texting us at supper time.

It sucks twice as much when you have a dual sim phone as you get double the messages.

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

And I thought being a diver on the oil rigs was dangerous :-)

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

A few years back we built a nice new house in a different barangay for Papa and Mama to live out their final years.  When local election time came around, Papa ask us to take them back to their old house for a couple days to visit with neighbors.  It turned out that he and mama wanted to go back so they could sell their votes for 500 peso each.  :hystery:

• Like 3