Electrical appliances which make to buy.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I've always had good experience with LG. I think its available here but not in the market for anything electrical so haven't taken much notice. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

looks like panasonic then

Following the advice of Steve, who is AlwaysRt, I bought myself a Samsung Digital Inverter Ref for about 18K at CityMall just a couple months ago.  I love it but if I had to find fault it would be that it is not big enough, still they did have larger sizes and the price was just about the same as the LG and Panasonic models in CityMall.  Remember to ask them for their cash discount if you go in there.  Even if you use a credit card, "one swipe is same as cash".  Strange, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I have a Panasonic refrigerator and the biggest problem is freezer door (Cheap Plastic) fell off after a couple of months use. It's a manual defrost model and if you don't keep it defrosted the expanding ice will break the freezer door. Falling freezer door also broke the plastic trays on the door but that's probably because my girlfriends sisters are not used to having a refrigerator. Can you say cheap, cheap, cheap. 

https://www.panasonic.com/ph/consumer/household-appliances/refrigerators/one-door-refrigerator/nr-a5613es.specs.html

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I have a Panasonic refrigerator and the biggest problem is freezer door (Cheap Plastic) fell off after a couple of months use. It's a manual defrost model and if you don't keep it defrosted the expanding ice will break the freezer door. Falling freezer door also broke the plastic trays on the door but that's probably because my girlfriends sisters are not used to having a refrigerator. Can you say cheap, cheap, cheap. 

https://www.panasonic.com/ph/consumer/household-appliances/refrigerators/one-door-refrigerator/nr-a5613es.specs.html

I was going to buy ones with two doors to do away with the plastic internal door as  I have heard of that problem before.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I was going to buy ones with two doors to do away with the plastic internal door as  I have heard of that problem before.

I would never buy a one door ref. Nothing but problems of Icing. 

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I got a water heater in my shower that says "Made in the UK" but somewhere in the fine print I remember reading that they only got one part from the UK and they thought that entitled them to use that slogan.  No truth in advertising here, BUT its not all lies so maybe its true. 

Here is the Facebook "About" page for Markes appilances and it sure looks like a Philippine brand to me.  I strongly suggest that any reference to "A Canadian Brand" is just a story.  That does not mean they are not good, just lying.

Maybe the brand is Ph but the stuff is made/assembled/whatever in Canada. But I don't find that too likely.

Edited by Reboot

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I don't seem to need as big a fridge in the Ph.

For one, the household was just two, and for another, we seemed to go out shopping for edibles on most days so we didn't need a lot of cold storage. Here in the US, I have the typical big 2 door fridge/freezer, plus another nearly identical one in the garage. But since my Filipina came over, they don't fill up anymore and the outside unit is just for special occasions (parties and beer). I used to buy more in bulk and but she just buys enough for the next few days.

Sorry if this is too off topic.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I don't seem to need as big a fridge in the Ph.

I don't find its the size of the fridge so much as the size of all the insulation and inverter stuff which means I have about as small a space inside my 7.4 cu ft "modern" fridge as I used to have in my apartment sized 5 cu ft "old fashioned" fridge.  The main differences being the new one is frost free and inverter type.

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Just a general question........Do the ice and water dispensing refrigerators filter the water enough to be used and safe? 

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Just a general question........Do the ice and water dispensing refrigerators filter the water enough to be used and safe? 

Excellent point Gerald!  Hopefully there are other options to protect yourself besides boiling the water for possible pathogens and other bio hazards.  Are there any inline purification filters in the local market, that can be easily installed?

In reference to Kevin's OP,  one of my preference in shopping around for big ticket items, is after sales service and parts support.  Are high failure parts readily available?  Is the item locally manufactured with export quality?  What does the warranty contract say, especially in fine print?  

And finally, (and assuming you already done so)......what would be your typical renters' social and economic lifestyle or their position in the food chain?  What would be the most economical size of the refrigerator if most of your renters are young and only making minimum wages?  Will you limit occupancy per unit?  

Kevin, I wish you a relatively stress free investment and keep enjoying the good life.  First round of MoJo is on me brother!  Respectfully Jake  

• Like 3