Has rainy season for 2018 started?

Rooster
Posted
Posted

For the past several days where I live in La Union I've noticed the annual onset of afternoon cloud formations, thunder and storms that begin rainy season. Has anyone else observed the same where they live?

• Like 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted

ohh how we wish it was so.. ive seen and heard the same rumblings and few scattered drops.. the other morning it was so dark and grey is was certain it was going to pour  then sunshine.. :(   maybe its priming the pump? with a gardens full of so many flowers and bushes we could could use a good toad strangler.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thunderstorms are meant to arrive tomorrow here in Cebu. :umbrella_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Here in Cebu province as usual the month of May has been brutally hot, with no rain in sight. I think that Cebu City experiences more showers occasionally compared to where we are.  As I've said in the past, it has been difficult to predict the yearly rainy and dry seasons here in Cebu with any accuracy. Last year rainy season lasted with rain and cool temps from November to April. Other years we've had six or seven months of relentless sun and no rain. I'm hoping that June will bring a reprieve with showers, but I"m not counting on it. As I much prefer the cooler rainy season over sun and heat, my garden responds with more blooms and color, so there are trade offs I guess. Early mornings lately, find us out watering the different gardens in the yard with our garden hose, and making sure that the bird baths have fresh water.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Our forecast has been like this everyday for weeks, but it never comes!  We are bone dry, drought condition 1.

Screenshot (169).png

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Here in los Banos its the same the other night there was the longest and loudest thunderstorm

I have ever experienced ! But only a quickshower !

The water level in Laguna De Bay has again this year dropped very low , there are trees starting to grow 

In the bay 10 ft from our defence wall, and children are playing in the water and for some the level only comes up to their waist.Friday is going to be another hot day !still im ok ive got 8 cans of Strongbow to cool me down 🤣

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Down my way I'm still waiting for the 2017 rainy season to end! It remained dry today and we had about 4 dry days a few weeks ago. Generally we have half an hour of torrential rain in the late afternoon, with occasional all night and sometimes all day downpours. The garden is very green and my well is full.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Here in Cebu province as usual the month of May has been brutally hot, with no rain in sight

We are south of you in Moalboal.  We are having clouds most days and the occasional heavy thunder showers in the past two weeks or so.  Interesting the difference in our weather even though we are both near the water and on the same side of the same island.  My wife, who grew up here, says the weather is much different than when she was growing up.  She says the summers are longer and much less rain now.

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

Here in Angeles City we lost power for about an hour and got a tiny bit of rain.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Our forecast has been like this everyday for weeks, but it never comes!  We are bone dry, drought condition 1.

Screenshot (169).png

An hour after I posted this we finally had a thunderstorm pass through and got a bit of rain.