Has rainy season for 2018 started?

lobojohn
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

mam, if thats your yard im in awe. we dont have it so tropical here as that. its not lush here even in the forests. different zones i suppose. 

Thanks LoboJohn!  We built our house 4 years ago on land that already had some existing trees and some vegetation.  After that I've just kept adding, as I m going for the

"jungle" look. :)  It's just my hobby .:) It is fun to wander around in..

Hey---just call me Queenie!

thank you queenie i will... and i am just john.. w/o the just :)  i also prefer the jungle to the concrete hard earth. just the smell of it pulls me in. 

Edited by lobojohn

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jake said:

Hmm......I don't think I would like to wander around in your "jungle".  Just like the Garden of Eden, the Garden of Queenie probably has many serpents.  You don't have any mystical creatures like the Kapre lurking in your garden, do you?

Well done Queenie!  

Thanks Jake!

Well it's sort of like midnight in the garden of good and evil.:)  Many locals have said when entering the yard, "You people really like trees!"  We have a lot of native trees that we like to preserve. One of the of the wild and local native trees we have is called Dakit tree. Many local feel that they are "enchanted", and will often cut them down. We have some small caves here in our yard that are thought to be a dwelling place for serpents and spirits too.  Other than groups of fireflies congregating at night in some of our trees, all possible spirits so far have been have been benevolent ones. I'd welcome you to my jungle garden any time Jake..:)

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Sounds like a wonderful place.

lobojohn
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Thanks Jake!

Well it's sort of like midnight in the garden of good and evil.:)  Many locals have said when entering the yard, "You people really like trees!"  We have a lot of native trees that we like to preserve. One of the of the wild and local native trees we have is called Dakit tree. Many local feel that they are "enchanted", and will often cut them down. We have some small caves here in our yard that are thought to be a dwelling place for serpents and spirits too.  Other than groups of fireflies congregating at night in some of our trees, all possible spirits so far have been have been benevolent ones. I'd welcome you to my jungle garden any time Jake..:)

i miss the fireflies, as there are none here. your slice of heaven sounds quite enchanting really. we have the ilang ilang in our yard and also a belete tree, the ilang ilang is so sweet smelling at nightfall as are several of our other sweet pants. its an interesting natural phenomenon to me how they wait for the night to release the scent to attract the moths that will visit them. the ilang ilang has a varied reputation ive learned. in some places its considered bad luck to have it.. in other places its the opposite. so many superstitions are all to be enjoyed imo.

as to the belete tree? well , we all know it is cursed right, but you also see local tourists flocking under massive beletes to have their pictures taken with it. 

ive looked all over this province for a lush steamy tropical piece of property and i just dont think its here, but thanks to you in can enjoy it through your posts. 

thanks queenie

Edited by lobojohn

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

Sounds like a wonderful place.

Thanks Reboot.:)  I love your Florida plants too!

Getting back to Rooster's original post--still hot here with no rain in sight!