Subic - Road Rage Incident

Gary D
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Yes Dumaguete must be one of the worst smallish cities to drive....ride in.

Having driven in both, inside the base is different but Olongapo proper is no different to Dumaguete.

• Like 1

canadamale
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Yes Dumaguete must be one of the worst smallish cities to drive....ride in.

Try Makati, I took a taxi from Makati Ave to SM Mega Mall today. Ninety two peso all in and a years worth of grey hair.Between fighting the busses for road space and the jeepneys stopping in the middle of Edza. Not to mention the suv that took a dead stop in the center lane so it could merge 3 lanes over. Took the MRT back from Shaw Station to Gwadalupe Station, 13 peso all in, wall to wall people, everyone was polite very little to no shoving and no grey hair incurred. DRIVE!!!!! YIKES

• Like 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, canadamale said:

Try Makati, I took a taxi from Makati Ave to SM Mega Mall today. Ninety two peso all in and a years worth of grey hair.Between fighting the busses for road space and the jeepneys stopping in the middle of Edza. Not to mention the suv that took a dead stop in the center lane so it could merge 3 lanes over. Took the MRT back from Shaw Station to Gwadalupe Station, 13 peso all in, wall to wall people, everyone was polite very little to no shoving and no grey hair incurred. DRIVE!!!!! YIKES

When EDSA opened many years ago, driving in Manila was not that bad. But now, it's gridlock but surprisingly, many stay patient. Now, if i have to go to Manila I drive from La Union to Angeles City, leave my SUV there and take a bus to Manila from AC and use Taxi's. 

IMHO, Road Rage in the states is really bad right now. I usually go back for a 1 month visit to where I grew up. I strictly obey the speed limits while there because I don't want to risk a speeding ticket and a court date that will cause me to miss my return flight. Seems like everyday that I drive I have cars behind me beeping, flashing their headlights, shaking their fist at me, giving me the finger, passing me on the double line. I just smile.  

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gary D said:

Having driven in both, inside the base is different but Olongapo proper is no different to Dumaguete.

I have never driven in Dumaguete, but I find Olongapo proper to be much better than Manila.  However, I have driven here for 5 years now and I know the ins and outs of the traffic and intersections.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/18/2018 at 7:52 AM, OnMyWay said:

Ms. Blue Hair seems to have a bit of a temper too!

On 5/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, Clermont said:

Seem that bloke needs a return ticket back home, pity she didn't have longer legs, a kick in the agots is what he needed from her.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:50 AM, lobojohn said:

to be honest we all get cut off constantly by drivers here w/o chasing them down and attacking them. there was no accident. no foul. they cut you off.. you cut them off.. i drive in the city quite a lot and ive never seen tempers like this. want to see one lane turned into 3? its d fils baby. 

bad day for both of these screaming banshees. 

I had a sneaking feeling there was more to this.  It just seemed too odd that she followed him to his business.  As lobo said, cutting off, etc. happens all the time here and is accepted.  Unlike the U.S. were real road rage exists if you do something completely selfish, like most Filipinos drive all the time.

Look at her FB page.  It appears that she is some kind of activist.  Translate and read some of the related comments about the incidents.

https://www.facebook.com/mytfashion?ref=br_rs

If that link is not good, search FB for Rodalyn Bonifacio Guinto.

The guy obviously has a temper problem, but I think she incited him by barging past security at his place of business.  Not many would put up with that, although most would handle it better than he did.

• Like 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I had a sneaking feeling there was more to this.  It just seemed too odd that she followed him to his business.  As lobo said, cutting off, etc. happens all the time here and is accepted.  Unlike the U.S. were real road rage exists if you do something completely selfish, like most Filipinos drive all the time.

Look at her FB page.  It appears that she is some kind of activist.  Translate and read some of the related comments about the incidents.

https://www.facebook.com/mytfashion?ref=br_rs

If that link is not good, search FB for Rodalyn Bonifacio Guinto.

The guy obviously has a temper problem, but I think she incited him by barging past security at his place of business.  Not many would put up with that, although most would handle it better than he did.

good job.. youve discovered a western feminist lib/prog in a pinays body.. the product of a long time male dominated society that is on a constant war path and always looking for trouble.. whatever happened on the road ,she was determined to make it an international incident. 

with her male minions in tow they probably crashed the gate with intimidation. cameras at the ready and def. raising holy hell with the guy. 

he was goated badly with no one to help him. his best bet would have been to retreat into the main office, but i can see why he stood his ground also.. 

i hope they can work it out for his sake. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Rooster said:

Seems like everyday that I drive I have cars behind me beeping, flashing their headlights, shaking their fist at me, giving me the finger, passing me on the double line. I just smile.

Possibly time to update your car :shades:

vintage.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BKB
Posted
Posted

It's not a normal to react that way after being cut off in traffic. She was very aggressive to follow and blow by the guards, then to put her hands on the guy. If cutting someone is a crime then so be it, but to follow, force her way into a private compound, her and her sock puppet putting their hands on the guy brings to mind, trespassing and assault. the pair were on a mission to agitate  and very much in the guys face. She could have simply wrote down the license and reported him without the confrontation. I.M.O. She was  trying very hard to make herself a victim at the expense of a white guy just trying to get to work. Classic snowflake tactics.

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, canadamale said:

The issue in Dumaguete is the sheer volume of idiots on motor cycles, even when one has blinker on and is starting to make a turn still they will cut around on the side your turning.

I speak from not inconsiderable driving riding experience in this country when I say Dumaguete is a city where I consider one most likely to have an accident.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yeah I agree, by the amount of attention she wanted to attract, I think it was a set up and he fell for it. I have encountered that behavior in the PI's and have walked away smiling, saying, (no undestandy,) that quietens them down. :thumbsup: It takes two to argue, except in my wifes case. :whistling:

• Like 3