Questions reTourist Visa to U.S.

thailend19
Posted
Posted

My filipina wife is preparing to apply for a B-2 tourist visa. We know her chances are not great, but she's trying anyway. She's a 4-year college graduate, owns property  which she lives in in Manila, has a 12-year old daughter and a mother both living with her. My question: How much money will she need to have in her bank and/or her sponsor[me] needs to show that she has enough for the six months? She would stay in my owned condo in the U.S., by the way.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

If the 12 years old daughter and mother are staying behind, that's a good indicator that she plans to return home.  Financial resources (money in a bank account), steady employment, property ownership are other indicators that she will return home.  Has she traveled to other countries?  What the consular office will look at is the entire picture. They want to make sure she will leave at the end of her stay.

thailend19
Posted
Posted

Excellent points. I need to add that regarding financial resources, I will sponsor her, since she is a student finishing second in her class in her 4-year business degree program in July. My income[ as confirmed by my 2017 IRS forms] is well above any minimum they require and she will stay in my U.S.condo, which I own. All of the above[and more] will be documented through copies which she will bring to her interview.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, thailend19 said:

All of the above[and more] will be documented through copies which she will bring to her interview.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think there is a interview for a tourist visa? 

thailend19
Posted
Posted

Yes, there is.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, thailend19 said:

Yes, there is.

Yes you are correct and thats why I said correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-visaapply.asp