10 years down the line.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

IM A RECLUSE AND IM PRETTY HAPPY WITH THAT 

I have read a lot of your posts since you joined and have enjoyed what I have read. One thing that puzzles me, are you having a bad hair day, I hope it is only that. Your posts have been logical and rational, we all have mates/relies like the bloke you described, but after awhile we sort them out for what they are and avoid them. All the things you have mentioned you would like over there to make it perfect for you, sad to say, no place on earth is like that. The PI's are far from what your talk about with your want's, even your and my country, some things are no better than there, but you have, ( I think you said, lived there for 10 years,) have enjoyed their lifestyle/culture to date. I'm not much of a drinker and the wife won't let me be a womanizer, so a few word of decent English now and again are comforting to the ear. In jest: If you still feel like that in the morning, change combs or barbers,  Serious now, we all need someone to talk too even if it's only a quick chat or you will go bonkers, no need to have them live in your pocket. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, lobojohn said:

except for joining this forum i dont join anything.

Scratching Head.jpg Now My friend, I would ask, why join a Forum Full of Expats when you feel the way you do about us? I don't mean to be offensive or Argumentative But............................ :wink:

• Haha 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, PeterC said:

There are good and bad amongst all expats but without any contact what so ever you find yourself with a strange feeling....homesickness or depression don't what it is really, you just feel "Fed Up ". Perhaps expat friends are more acquaintances than friends and hoping to single out a special one one day is what you are hoping for.

I have read your opening  post  an this one, wonder how often you get out of the country. Personally I would have problems if not departing  at least yearly although mostly it's twice a year.

Have a nice mixture of expat friends, gym regularly,  play tennis and hike a lot. Curious how many clubs or sports your involved in. Mostly I am looking for time to get it to one of my many good books. 

Boredom tends to be quite a problem amount  expats and can lead to other issues.

• Like 3

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes well if you never mixed before then no point changing. Not all western expats are as you describe.There are a lot of damn good guys here but if you are unfortunate to befriend the wrong one then obvious thats how you see all. Just wondering how you let the friendship go so far if the guy was so bad in the first place? 

of course they arent all like that and i didnt say they were now did i?  i am familiar with other forums though and the kind of things said in so many areas where expats are gathered in communities. its a recurring theme, so i prefer to stay out of it. 

the "guy" wasnt so bad at all in the 1st place. i dont trust people that cant look me in the eyes and speak and he couldnt do it. i accepted him out of respect for my wifes best gf until it finally was too much to tolerate. about 10 visits or so.. not so far or so long. 

it wasnt my decision alone. my wife didnt enjoy it either. putting the house back together after they`d leave. her gf was always yelling at the kids and we couldnt enjoy a visit. she was the one that complained to me . 

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Scratching Head.jpg Now My friend, I would ask, why join a Forum Full of Expats when you feel the way you do about us? I don't mean to be offensive or Argumentative But............................ :wink:

I don't mean to be offensive or Argumentative But...... thats the caveat here right jack? its fine and i dont take it any other way. i realize im not a good mix here with some members.. its life. 

to answer your question i joined to ask a question about SS Benefits for my wife. after that i have stuck around for the beating... :) i already feel like ive been asked to use the door. 

peace jack

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

I have read your opening  post  an this one, wonder how often you get out of the country. Personally I would have problems if not departing  at least yearly although mostly it's twice a year.

Have a nice mixture of expat friends, gym regularly,  play tennis and hike a lot. Curious how many clubs or sports your involved in. Mostly I am looking for time to get it to one of my many good books. 

Boredom tends to be quite a problem amount  expats and can lead to other issues.

im not bored rbm.. i visit here in the am and the pm and my day is full of tending the place and very busy tending to biz in the US. im probably too direct in my relating of stories , but its my way of speaking w/o sugar. not so much the prince of tact for which i apologize if so many are offended. 

i dont wish to go back home. i left it because it didnt like my wife and i vowed never to go back. i do remain a very strong Patriot though. 

lobojohn
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Clermont said:

I have read a lot of your posts since you joined and have enjoyed what I have read. One thing that puzzles me, are you having a bad hair day, I hope it is only that. Your posts have been logical and rational, we all have mates/relies like the bloke you described, but after awhile we sort them out for what they are and avoid them. All the things you have mentioned you would like over there to make it perfect for you, sad to say, no place on earth is like that. The PI's are far from what your talk about with your want's, even your and my country, some things are no better than there, but you have, ( I think you said, lived there for 10 years,) have enjoyed their lifestyle/culture to date. I'm not much of a drinker and the wife won't let me be a womanizer, so a few word of decent English now and again are comforting to the ear. In jest: If you still feel like that in the morning, change combs or barbers,  Serious now, we all need someone to talk too even if it's only a quick chat or you will go bonkers, no need to have them live in your pocket. :thumbsup:

i hear you clermont.. i really do.. i do have it all and them all sorted out at this point. actually living here where i am is just like the wild wild west and it fits me perfectly despite what you guys are thinking. my stories are endless and quite shocking to some while others wouldnt even believe them or appreciate them. 

you are all expats and i am talking to you everyday.   i even see your faces and im sorry to upset the status quo on the board. i really am. ill probably just bow out as it seems im a bad fit here. 

as it stands right now im one of 3 expats in this large brgy. and we dont even meet with each other ever. we are all loners in that respect.  i enjoy one of my german friends a lot but we dont speak each others language. we have lots in common and i do visit him a  once in a while just to see if hes still alive.. :) 

1st thing tomorrow im getting my hair cut clermont.. :)

Edited by lobojohn

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, lobojohn said:

peace jack

what can I sayWho knows (dave.jpg Not what you say but the way that you say it :wink:

Clermont
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, lobojohn said:

ill probably just bow out as it seems im a bad fit here. 

That's not rational, this is what the forum is about, telling of different experiences, different living standards that one incurs over there and all that is associated with the PI"s. You haven't upset anyone that I can see from your writing and how are the new forum members going to learn if we all have a bad hair day and pull the pin on the forum. If you read a lot of the past posts, I've chucked a few hearsays in and have been proved wrong, this is what the forums about, trying to get all sides of a story. Sometimes we get trolls on the site but Billy goat gruff (JGF) sorts them out, jest JGF. Sometimes we feel a bit thin skinned with what someone writes, but with me it's water off a ducks backs. :thumbsup:

Jest: by the way, when you get the hair cut, buy a new comb, buying things always makes the wife happy, she is happy all the time. :hystery:

• Like 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Clermont said:

That's not rational, this is what the forum is about, telling of different experiences, different living standards that one incurs over there and all that is associated with the PI"s. You haven't upset anyone that I can see from your writing and how are the new forum members going to learn if we all have a bad hair day and pull the pin on the forum. If you read a lot of the past posts, I've chucked a few hearsays in and have been proved wrong, this is what the forums about, trying to get all sides of a story. Sometimes we get trolls on the site but Billy goat gruff (JGF) sorts them out, jest JGF. Sometimes we feel a bit thin skinned with what someone writes, but with me it's water off a ducks backs. :thumbsup:

Jest: by the way, when you get the hair cut, buy a new comb, buying things always makes the wife happy, she is happy all the time. :hystery:

its a short flat top.. 60s style.. only one barber here will do it properly and the others wont attempt it. odd huh? seems so basic.