Question.Can Foreigners own a house or Apartment in the Philippines

ElevenSeries
Posted
Posted (edited)

Now, I'm already aware Foreigners cannot own land in the Philippines. An I'm already aware we can own Condos.    So from here this is a 2 Part question.   Can Foreigners own apartments or Houses?   And If that answer is ,Yes. My  next question is this.     Would renting any of them out Via AirBnb or otherwise be considered working...As I know foreigners usually cannot work over there?

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Made title search engine friendly

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, ElevenSeries said:

Can Foreigners own apartments or Houses?   And If that answer is ,Yes. My  next question is this.     Would renting any of them out Via AirBnb or otherwise be considered working.

Many foreigners own houses on leased land.  Depending on the conditions of the lease then those houses may be available to rent out via AirBnb as would a condo that a foreigner owns.

Passive income is not considered working.  There is a fine line between passive income and working at a business.  For example, you own a condo and rent it out for 6 months while you go touring around Philippines.  That is passive income.  But you own 20 condos and rent them out and it would likely be considered a business.  Where does the line get drawn?  Ya pays your money and ya takes your chances and let the lawyers work it out OR you just set up a business and declare  that income.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1