Rumors of changes to 6 month long stay visa

blkJack
Posted
Posted (edited)

This link doesn't seem to work now. I have read that you can now extend your visa to 6 months after your 30 days. Cost is 13000p 

http://www.philembassy.no/news-item/long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-for-visitors-to-the-philippines

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Update
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

That's progress long overdue.

virginprune
Posted
Posted

This renewable has been available for quite a time. Not all offices will do this so best to check at your nearest field office.

blkJack
Posted
Posted

I read that this is new as of last week but the cost is also new 13,000p up from the old price. So you don't need the 2 month option first it seems. I can't seem to find the government info confirming this.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, blkJack said:

I read that this is new as of last week but the cost is also new 13,000p up from the old price. So you don't need the 2 month option first it seems. I can't seem to find the government info confirming this.

Unless it's changed which you appear to be saying you need your 30 day free visa waiver then your first extension of 29 days, after that you can get a 6 month which I believe is called a LSVVE.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/long-stay-visitor-visa-extension-lsvve

And if it has changed information should be available next year :tiphat:

• Haha 1

blkJack
Posted
Posted

I read this info on another board. They said new as of last week and it was just posted. That it could be your first renewal skipping they 59 day permit.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, blkJack said:

I read this info on another board. They said new as of last week and it was just posted. That it could be your first renewal skipping they 59 day permit.

Well there's the trouble.  People can say anything they want on "other boards" :hystery: but in all seriousness we would have to see a link to show the BI offices offering this new service and what the conditions are before us old skeptics are gonna believe.

Until then it is just a rumor.  So can you supply a working source to a legitimate news agency or to Philippine Bureau of Immigration?

PS.   This is the reason @Jollygoodfellow is constantly telling people to "quote the source" when posting a link as the opening post did.  The link on the opening post is not working so chances are they made a mistake and changed it immediately but it would have been interesting to see what was going on.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, blkJack said:

That it could be your first renewal skipping they 59 day permit.

If thats the case  the ARC card would have to be done then. I think you can get six months if you apply in your own country but someone can correct me as my head is foggy today. :thumbsup:

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Been scrolling for hours the latest bulletin on visas, 18 May, no indication to change, but then, you live where you live because of the change and there's never a dull moment. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:Just enjoy.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

Been scrolling for hours the latest bulletin on visas, 18 May, no indication to change, but then, you live where you live because of the change and there's never a dull moment. 

Well if any changes the BI dont know as this is their answer.

You may apply for a visa waiver for 29 days , then, you apply for one month, two months or  six months up to 36 months extension.  Please note that the application must be done at least 7 days before the expiration of the visa and/or authorized stay.

6 months.jpg