Aussie killed in road crash in La Union

Rooster
Posted
Posted

Paul operated Gecko's Bar in Bauang, La Union.  RIP.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/992760/aussie-trike-driver-killed-in-road-crashes-in-la-union-pangasinan

Australian motorcycle rider Paul Phipps, 46, died instantly in a 12:40 p.m. collision with a van at the Marcos Highway in Barangay (village) Cares in Pugo town, La Union, according to Senior Insp. Joel Soriano, Pugo police chief.

• Like 2

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Paul operated Gecko's Bar in Bauang, La Union.  RIP.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/992760/aussie-trike-driver-killed-in-road-crashes-in-la-union-pangasinan

Australian motorcycle rider Paul Phipps, 46, died instantly in a 12:40 p.m. collision with a van at the Marcos Highway in Barangay (village) Cares in Pugo town, La Union, according to Senior Insp. Joel Soriano, Pugo police chief.

riding a trike at night is always a risky endeavor here. how many times have you driven up behind a slow moving trike that has no lights and wont move off the main roadway? honestly ? day or night its just a bad idea especially on a highway. 

RIP SIR

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, lobojohn said:

riding a trike

Please read more carefully before replying.  This has (edited word) "nothing" to do with riding a trike.  From the article:

An Australian motorcycle rider and a tricycle driver were killed while eight others were hurt on Sunday in four separate road accidents in the provinces of La Union and Pangasinan.

In Sta. Maria town in Pangasinan, Manny Montero, 46, was killed when his tricycle collided with a sports utility vehicle (SUV) at 1:40 p.m. in Barangay Paitan.

Montero suffered head injuries and died while being brought to the  Eastern Pangasinan District Hospital (EPDH) in Tayug town.

I have emboldened the parts related to the topic and highlighted all the typically faulty Philippine reporting BS that has nothing to do with the topic of the unlucky Australian motorcycle rider, may he R.I.P.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Please read more carefully before replying.  This has (edited word) "nothing" to do with riding a trike.  From the article:

I have emboldened the parts related to the topic and highlighted all the typically faulty Philippine reporting BS that has nothing to do with the topic of the unlucky Australian motorcycle rider, may he R.I.P.

motor death..trike death... same thing to me dave.. ride at your own peril.. RIP TO ALL.. fixed.. now go off on me some more.. 

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

This used to be a well run site but when it comes to the moderators swearing at the members 

For something trivial im very surprised! 

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

This used to be a well run site but when it comes to the moderators swearing at the members 

F*ck isn't swearing... seriously, anymore than Frack in Battle Star Galactica was (or they wouldn't have been able to use it in prime time on TV with the rating they got).  Words obfuscated by using punctuation are also permitted in prime time TV so again... same logic applies.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

The posters use of an exclamation  as he did is his right to make emphasis and For me, Has absolutely no bearing on the way this forum is Run, if the Boss was annoyed then I think that he would have said so already, Techy day to-day methinks :console:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

if the Boss was annoyed then I think that he would have said so already,

Sometimes me thinks that every now and then it's the silly season and we all seem act up in some way or another. It could be the way the wind is blowing, no idea?  face change.jpg

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted

is there a ruttin` season in the fils? btw we are all off topic.. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

If you consider it trivial, to take the unfortunate demise of an Australian motorcycle rider, drive it off topic and make trollish comments without any thought or care,  without any feeling that a fellow expat has just lost his life, then we have different definitions and I make no apologies for the tone of my response to lobojohn.

I do regret the use of the "f" word if that is the only part you find offensive and I apologize that I did not use a less impulsive phrase. In fact I shall edit my response to use a more acceptable synonym.

• Like 1