Aussie killed in road crash in La Union

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted

Most dead people in the traffic in the Philippines are motorcycle drivers and coriders. It is much saver to use a car in the Philippines. 

Rooster
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you consider it trivial, to take the unfortunate demise of an Australian motorcycle rider, drive it off topic and make trollish comments without any thought or care,  without any feeling that a fellow expat has just lost his life, then we have different definitions and I make no apologies for the tone of my response to lobojohn.

I do regret the use of the "f" word if that is the only part you find offensive and I apologize that I did not use a less impulsive phrase. In fact I shall edit my response to use a more acceptable synonym.

Dave, 

As the original poster concerning my friend Pauls accident, I never got the impression Lobo was foolishly trolling. Would you kindly elaborate how you came to that conclusion? I'm aware of the details of the accident not mentioned in the article.

It appears he misread the article, got the means and time of death wrong but most importantly was not disrespectful.

We all have deficiencies and may no longer be as sharp as we were as we age but we should not attack each other.

Paul was a friend, enjoyed life and did his best to facilitate good times at his bar for all expats regardless of nationality. I'm certain he would not appreciate seeing other expats attacked in this manner.

Edited by Rooster
  • Like 3

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you consider it trivial, to take the unfortunate demise of an Australian motorcycle rider, drive it off topic and make trollish comments without any thought or care,  without any feeling that a fellow expat has just lost his life, then we have different definitions and I make no apologies for the tone of my response to lobojohn.

I do regret the use of the "f" word if that is the only part you find offensive and I apologize that I did not use a less impulsive phrase. In fact I shall edit my response to use a more acceptable synonym.

if you regard my response as trivializing the mans death and trolling , then you really have a serious problem my friend.  you going to attack everyone that has a difference of opinion from yours?  you seem to be a bit unwound as a matter of fact. 

i do however apologize for whatever imagined violation i committed against you. 

no need to change your post.. i think its fine. express yourself at will. 

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Rooster said:

Dave, 

As the original poster concerning my friend Pauls accident, I never got the impression Lobo was foolishly trolling. I'm aware of the details of the accident not mentioned in the article.

It appears he misread the article, got the means and time of death wrong but most importantly was not disrespectful.

We all have deficiencies and may no longer be as sharp as we were as we age but we should not attack each other.

Paul was a friend, enjoyed life and did his best to facilitate good times at his bar for all expats regardless of nationality. I'm certain he would not appreciate seeing other expats attacked in this manner.

im genuinely sorry for your friend . its hard enough to lose a friend w/o it being like this. from the outpouring for him i know he was much loved and will be fondly remembered at all your gatherings. 

again im so sorry.. may he RIP

Rooster
Posted
Posted
Just now, lobojohn said:

im genuinely sorry for your friend . its hard enough to lose a friend w/o it being like this. from the outpouring for him i know he was much loved and will be fondly remembered at all your gatherings. 

again im so sorry.. may he RIP

You are a good man Lobo. Perhaps one day we can meet and exchange pleasantries.

• Love it 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Rooster said:

You are a good man Lobo. Perhaps one day we can meet and exchange pleasantries.

i raise my glass to you rooster.. albeit ginger ale.. ditto

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

i raise my glass to you rooster.. albeit ginger ale.. ditto

Perhaps one day we can both get hammered on ginger ale ,ODAAT 

• Haha 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted

burrrrrrrrrrp .. and well tell old war stories too.. itll be great hahaha

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I take back my comments regarding the use of a certain word.

After reading through the comments and replies etc.

This site yes is still well run and i am sorry if i have upset anyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rooster
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

burrrrrrrrrrp .. and well tell old war stories too.. itll be great hahaha

Perhaps Change your country of origin and avoid the obvious anti Amercanism on here

• Haha 1