Choosing a place to live (expat)

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mick said:

Olongapo buzzes on weekends in season. Or when a ship comes in, either military or cruise, but normally Monday to Thursday even in season it's quite 

last time I was there was during holy week , the beach had many philipinos on it probably because its a free beach , we took a day trip to San Antonio , there was a beach there that was devoid of tourists, you had to pay to get on it , from memory , you get a tricycle to the beach and you have to pay an entry fee , an environmental charge .

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

last time I was there was during holy week , the beach had many philipinos on it probably because its a free beach , we took a day trip to San Antonio , there was a beach there that was devoid of tourists, you had to pay to get on it , from memory , you get a tricycle to the beach and you have to pay an entry fee , an environmental charge .

It is nice up that coast! I lived at San Miguel Naval Comm Station back in the day (1990) and it was awesome!  Lived right by the beach and backyard essentially was the beach...Carabao walking along beach with farmer every day, sunsets, etc and I was hooked...always knew I wanted to return after departed 1992.  There was a fantastic furniture maker there, “Chen’s,” And his was the only one I found that never had any grit in his finish....bought beautiful Nara wood custom stuff from him, that the Ex now has ( but I got my sanity back!)...none of it ever cracked.   Better though are  Great beaches further north in Iba.  Lots of stats at the then very peaceful Phil-Aussie Resort (rustic and fantastic) and we went back 2009 a different place, also great. Can’t wait to get back to stay next year.

• Like 1