Expats in Philippines choose never to return....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Two expat members recently commented they planned never to return to their home country. Curious how many here feel the same way? Follow up, who thinks of Philippines as home and their country of origin as just that?

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Two expat members recently commented they planned never to return to their home country. Curious how many here feel the same way? Follow up, who thinks of Philippines as home and their country of origin as just that?

i didnt leave anything behind that i needed except my chainsaw..:) this is my home. w/o doing all of the comparisons , its simply a better life and ive got a new chainsaw. 

bows00
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Cost of living is probably the biggest issue

The issue I am struggling with is my family and friends I will be leaving behind on Oahu, especially my mom who just turned 80 this year.  Leaving her will put a huge burden on my conscience.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

My home is here. The UK I would never consider living in again.

• Like 5

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well I won't be staying permanent any time soon. I've got 2 kids stateside to finish raising. But who knows in 20 years?

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

The issue I am struggling with is my family and friends I will be leaving behind on Oahu, especially my mom who just turned 80 this year.  Leaving her will put a huge burden on my conscience.  

My Dad who lived with us many years passed about a year ago so I think I know how you feel. How many hours to fly back and visit your Mother?

• Like 1