Expats in Philippines choose never to return....

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

,go back and pick up your paintbrush,

NAH! Jim can stay and Paint my Sala cos I just know that will be the next project thumbs up from a lady.jpg She will tell me:hystery:

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Feed the Turkeys to the dogs and then sell the dogs problem solved,go back and pick up your paintbrush,nah only joking mate.

Turkeys are for Xmas, dogs can get stuffed. I mean the turkeys will get stuffed. :mocking:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

It's good to read that so many of you now consider the Phil's home ,my reasons for considering the Phil's are that I can retire early and the ladies ,my concerns are hot weather and do I have enough money stashed away lol 

I'll be looking at condos when I arrive in July ,if I can fulfill my dream ,I'll have a condo and a small yacht 

If I meet the right Philipina , I might live with her ,might lol 

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I only went back to the US once so far. I had only been here a year and already I felt like a visitor... staying at my family home ha ha...  I have been here over 5 years now and can't imagine what going back will feel like.  I am kind of halfway planning a trip back next year, to file my retirement papers, or not, we shall see.  :tiphat:

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Life can be good sometimes expatUK! Me I'll be flying to the Philippines tonight from US. Always exciting! Looking forward to doing a little sightseeing and enjoying company with my wife's family. Easy to see why some can "go native" and never go back.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Reboot said:

Life can be good sometimes expatUK! Me I'll be flying to the Philippines tonight from US. Always exciting! Looking forward to doing a little sightseeing and enjoying company with my wife's family. Easy to see why some can "go native" and never go back.

Have a safe trip!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I can't say "never", but I can't foresee a situation in the near to midterm future where I would return to live in the U.S.

Moving to the Philippines was part of making "retire at 56" work.  I would still be working now if I hadn't moved, or perhaps I would have been fired from my job as I was unhappy and unproductive, with a relatively big salary for my type of job.  Even if I kept working and saving, I don't think my financials would have been good for retirement in the U.S.  Most of the areas where I would want to live are so damn expensive!

After living on savings for 6 years, SS kicks in this year.  The two little kids also get it and that is an unexpected windfall in my retirement financial plans.  Even after saving most of it for their future, our budget looks much better now.  We plan to travel more and I will probably take a vacation in the U.S. every other year so the kids can bond with their U.S. relatives.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1