Expats in Philippines choose never to return....

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, KurtVD said:

I’ve been checking out a few countries the last few years, and I have decided I will spend my semi-retirement on the Philippines. Before that, I had set my sights on Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam, and I’m subscribed to two other forums. It’s refreshing to read these positive posts; on the Thailand forum, I was reading a lot of complaining; about virtually anything you can imagine. Maybe it really is more fun in the Philippines... ;)

From what I gather the visa situation in Thailand is not good. But the infrastructure, food etc is better for living conditions. I hear that Vietnam is perhaps the new place to be so its a case of what makes you happy, what is best for you and where in each of these countries might be better and the list goes on. If you prefer nightlife or a quiet jungle block and 6 hours from a hospital that can treat you or city living with traffic and some better options are just examples to consider.  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I'm more like one of those flowers in the refrigerated case at the florists. I need cold to be at my best! Hopefully we'll see a little change in June...:smile:

I have acclimated and now only require fans to survive and sleep.  Or maybe instead of a flower I am more like a "cactus" with thorns and all!  :smile:  I do run the AC about once a month because I was told it made them last longer.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have acclimated and now only require fans to survive and sleep.  Or maybe instead of a flower I am more like a "cactus" with thorns and all!  :smile:  I do run the AC about once a month because I was told it made them last longer.  

Yes if you don't run them periodically the seals dry out and you lose the refrigerant.

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gary D said:

Yes if you don't run them periodically the seals dry out and you lose the refrigerant.

Under the Tokio agreement and the Montreal Protocol ,it's a £ 25,000 gbpounds fine for allowing refrigerant to escape .

We have to extract refrigerant called R22 cos it's obsolete , we send it to a special reclaim facility ,I am told it is then sold to  the Chinese, who put it in their refrigerators :shock_40_anim_gif:

The whole refrigerant thing is paper trail heavy here in the UK 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
lobojohn
Posted
Posted
On 5/29/2018 at 1:20 AM, Gerald Glatt said:

Did you get the license to operate it?   :unsure:

nope

• 2 weeks later...
Capa
Posted
Posted
On 5/29/2018 at 1:23 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

From what I gather the visa situation in Thailand is not good. But the infrastructure, food etc is better for living conditions. :thumbsup:

Thailand is a pathetic country. But for basic quality of life, it towers above the PI.