Proof of life form time again !

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted (edited)

Its that time again ! Pension not recieved on or 3 days after date due.

Dialled 109 on pldt landline for international calls IDD not on pldt ! gave the nice lady the pension service phone no

And within seconds connected to the int pension service !

Pressed a few buttons and got through to a very helpful chap named David.

Who told me the POL forms were sent to me in January ! As was the case in 2013

Never got them ! I asked if i could still use the ones stored on my Pc which he said yes

And he asked me to send them asap . And he also said he would release my pension payment !

So tommorrow its of to the Hospital to see our friendly doctor to witness the forms

for both myself and the wife,  and then to LBC.

mind you the thing that annoys me is they our have emails and our landline number

So why cant they contact us these ways if they do not recieve the forms back within a certain time ?

Edited by expatuk2014
Missing word
  • Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Maybe it's the Government employees that need POL! :tiphat:

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

mind you the thing that annoys me is they our emails and our landline number

So why cant they contact us these ways if they do not recieve the forms back within a certain time ?

Maybe because they consider you dead and no one will reply or answer anyway :hystery:

• Haha 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted

U.S. is the same way , but at least they allow it to go back and forth via computer. 

roddavis
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, lobojohn said:

U.S. is the same way , but at least they allow it to go back and forth via computer. 

1st year retired from the US, is POL coming out soon?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

In the United States, the mortuaries are required to inform the Social Security Administration the name and Social Security number of the person who died. Same with hospitals and morgues. Monthly payments are stopped. There is a one-time death benefit which I believe is $1,000.

If you reside in the Philippines or another country, and the benefits are forwarded to a foreign bank account, the requirement is you need to communicate on a regular basis or the assumption is you have already passed away.  Otherwise, the local dependents won't say anything and allow the benefits to keep coming after your death. Philippines does not have a central, computer based registry for live births and deaths.

• Like 1

TunaT
Posted
Posted

At my BPI bank my U.S. S.S. check goes to a direct deposit dollar account that only I can access by going to the bank in person. So to me it is a waste of time and money to mail that form to the U.S. every year seeing I am the only one that can draw on that account. 

TunaT
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, lobojohn said:

I have been here for 8 years and have to mail that form to the U.S. every year. How do you do it on the computer ?

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, roddavis said:

1st year retired from the US, is POL coming out soon?

its generally sent out in jan, ,but since our post office was shut i dont get it anymore, so i just made copies of it and fill it out and send it in . no problem so far. 

the mail situation here is another yuge problem , but thats another topic. 

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JJReyes said:

In the United States, the mortuaries are required to inform the Social Security Administration the name and Social Security number of the person who died. Same with hospitals and morgues. Monthly payments are stopped. There is a one-time death benefit which I believe is $1,000.

If you reside in the Philippines or another country, and the benefits are forwarded to a foreign bank account, the requirement is you need to communicate on a regular basis or the assumption is you have already passed away.  Otherwise, the local dependents won't say anything and allow the benefits to keep coming after your death. Philippines does not have a central, computer based registry for live births and deaths.

i have no problem with my wife collecting my benefits as long as she can. personally i think its a shame that after a reasonable amount of time married that a spouse isnt automatically added and recognized as such , but in true gov fashion there is virtually no path to that end beyond jumping through so many proverbial hoops. 

i do understand the reasons for it i just dont think they apply in most cases and where they do its not as if the gov. incurs a huge loss is it? THAT SS HAS BEEN PAID FOR REGARDLESS