Proof of life form time again !

lobojohn
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, TunaT said:

At my BPI bank my U.S. S.S. check goes to a direct deposit dollar account that only I can access by going to the bank in person. So to me it is a waste of time and money to mail that form to the U.S. every year seeing I am the only one that can draw on that account. 

thats good to hear because when i wanted to use BPI they weren't on the US list of approved banks here. i ended up having to use LandBank. 

Edited by lobojohn

roddavis
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, lobojohn said:

its generally sent out in jan, ,but since our post office was shut i dont get it anymore, so i just made copies of it and fill it out and send it in . no problem so far. 

the mail situation here is another yuge problem , but thats another topic. 

Thanks Lobojohn. I thought I read that it would be in  June! The mail situation is indeed pretty slow. Our Toledo mail usually arrives, and they sit on it for a month or so. I have setup a reward system, that if they deliver it right away they can make a couple hundred pesos for it. But if I go in and find it there, no reward.

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, roddavis said:

Thanks Lobojohn. I thought I read that it would be in  June! The mail situation is indeed pretty slow. Our Toledo mail usually arrives, and they sit on it for a month or so. I have setup a reward system, that if they deliver it right away they can make a couple hundred pesos for it. But if I go in and find it there, no reward.

sure no problem rod. as a precaution why dont you just send off an email to the embassy with a simple enquirer, as i wont swear that anything is gospel with the gov. even the POL requirement is different from person to person. sending it to the US vs emailing it is an example. 

in the past my SS agent was a very helpful guy and when id email him in the morning id get a reply before lunch. he retired unfortunately and now you get a form reply that they will reply to you in 5 business days ?? then maybe youll get a reply in 9-10 days and its very cold and impersonal and not what i was used to.. it feels like they are in the mode of discouraging communication. its more like the old US gov back in the states which was one of the reasons i left.  

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Found the form online thru Soc Security. Can be filled out and sent online.

https://form-ssa-ocr-7162.pdffiller.com/

SSA form 7162

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

TunaT
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Mine comes in June. 

• Like 1

TunaT
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, lobojohn said:

thats good to hear because when i wanted to use BPI they weren't on the US list of approved banks here. i ended up having to use LandBank. 

Been doing it for 8 years at the BPI main branch in Dumaguete. 

• Like 1

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, TunaT said:

Been doing it for 8 years at the BPI main branch in Dumaguete. 

ok ours is the BPI Family bank and it was considered too small. i didnt go to the main bank. i sometimes assume they are all the same and its a mistake to assume anything . 

i dont even have a back acct here and i dont want one for the time being. for me less is better. i just transact to my wife 

lobojohn
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, roddavis said:

Found the form online thru Soc Security. Can be filled out and sent online.

https://form-ssa-ocr-7162.pdffiller.com/

SSA form 7162

good job sir.. tnx from many

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, TunaT said:

At my BPI bank my U.S. S.S. check goes to a direct deposit dollar account that only I can access by going to the bank in person. So to me it is a waste of time and money to mail that form to the U.S. every year seeing I am the only one that can draw on that account. 

It might be a waste but how can you expect anyone else to know that only you can access that account personally by going into the bank? 

• Like 1

TunaT
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It might be a waste but how can you expect anyone else to know that only you can access that account personally by going into the bank? 

Well it is starting to appear that perhaps that is not a common practice here with most banks. I thought most/all banks operated that way here at the request of the U.S.S.S. administration. Shame on me for assuming.  So perhaps my BPI bank can notify the U.S. S.S. of how it works here at their bank.  I can also notify the U.S. S.S. and tell them and see what they think.  I am just trying to save my government and myself some money. That is probably a foreign practice wanting to save the taxpayers money I know.  But every little bit helps.